Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: what to do if you dont own vixky or mike

jedilos opened this issue on Jun 08, 2004 ยท 7 posts

jedilos posted Tue, 08 June 2004 at 9:27 PM

hi all i found a gatchaman texture and props on here but they requiere you to have vixky 2 and mike 2 . i dont have them i bought poser 4 a a long while ago and hardly use it but i would love to try the gatchaman items to see the guys and gal in action to see what it can be done with them. since i havent use poser in a while is there anything that can be done? i dont know what im asking really. I know you cant use a cinema 4d r8 file with cinema 4d r6 and so on so im not sure if this can even work. I emailed the creator but i havent had a responce. help me RENDEROSITY you are my only hope!!

dlfurman posted Tue, 08 June 2004 at 9:57 PM

Two options. 1) Make your own texture for the model(s) you do have. Heck, somebody did it, so can you. 2) Go to Daz3D.com and purchase the model you need. Option 1) may be tough to do, but very satisfying. Option 2) may be quicker, and will hit your wallet. However, you'll have new toys to play with.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

SWAMP posted Tue, 08 June 2004 at 11:01 PM

Attached Link: http://aprilsvanity.com/dlpage.php

I don't know what the props are (clothes or what),but you can use the textures for Vicky and Mike on your P4 people. Aprilsh has remapped the p4 man and womam (aka. Dork and Posette) to take the newer textures (link). You do need to decode the files you DL, with a utility found in FreeStuff,but it is very easy to do,and your P4 figures will look better than they ever have. SWAMP

steerpike posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 5:46 AM

A third option; keep an eye on magazine cover-CD offers.

The lo-res versions of Mike 1 and Vicky 1 are frequently made available, and the most recent offer was the Dina V figure on Computer Arts magazine.

jedilos posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 1:51 PM

thanks guys

momodot posted Wed, 09 June 2004 at 2:03 PM

Also, the Low Resolution Victoria 2 and Micheal 2 are neat and cost $19 each at DAZ but I think the AprilsVanity solution is great too.

Riddokun posted Fri, 11 June 2004 at 7:54 AM

well even if now they are outdated and not supported anymore, i resisted for loooong time before ever buying the old generation DAZ couple for my poser artist (did well 1 year without them, using free characters or so), but thanx to a very lucky unexpected incoming money boost and in same time a good -35% promo on DAZ (expired the day after i noticed it .. pfff was close !) i bought thm outdated, no one ever use them anymore, and now with 2 years late it is HARD (believeme) to dig back to find all the cool freebies that swarmed poser communauty for them (now youonly find unimesh freebies, and seems most v2/m2 freebie dissapeared, or are very hard to dig back :) adn i guess that they still are "nice" base figures for poser 4. outdated but still usefull :) now well yes they sure had their price back to normal :( and though they are not "expensive" they are still an expense to think twice about for any low budget hobbyist as me (but well, compared to what it requires to spend into unimesh figures to make them decently workable...) what i suggest is that you hesitate and choose for Mike2 because dork is a really unreliable man. for female figures though, you can make your day with mayadoll (oki still lacking many fixes and improvement...) cause it can accept now v2 textures, you also have Sara, and thanx to yamato, posette is more "decent" using cancan JCM