Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Ferguson's Next Contest -- Romance Long Ago

Pen_Is_Envy opened this issue on Jun 11, 2004 ยท 58 posts

Pen_Is_Envy posted Fri, 11 June 2004 at 9:14 AM

Ok folks, I'm at it again. The first contest was SUCH an enormous success, already spawning two additional contests from MistDragon and primaltruck, that I HAVE to have another one.

This one will be a little bigger, longer-running, and a tad more complicated, but my hope is that it will throw a challenge once again to the community and that a bunch of people will be inspired to do their best art... It worked the first time around, in SPADES...

HERE ARE THE RULES:

1. Contest will begin on Monday, June 21, 2004 at 12:00 am Renderosity server time (they are on CENTRAL Time, CST), and end at 11:59 pm CST on Friday, July 30, 2004. This means you CANNOT post anything before the start date, or your entry will not be considered... this is to make sure that the deadline for primaltruck's contest has passed, as I do not wish to have my contest competing with that of another member (to be fair to him, in other words).

2. The theme is ROMANCE LONG AGO - You are to depict a romantic scene that could be found on the cover of a romance novel, and it must be set in a "long ago" time... which could be the Old South, Medieval Times, Victorian England, the Italian Renaissance, the Gothic Era ... ANYTHING that predates the 20th century (meaning 1900).

3. Because it is a romance novel format, the image must be displayed in portrait format, ie/ an example being 8x10 inches, or 600x800 pixels. Anything in landscape format will not be considered.

4. The image MUST have two Poser characters in it, one male and one female (Vicki/Mike, Steph/Mike, DOrk/Posette), and there is to be NO nudity, with the exception of a possibly bare male chest, as romance novel covers are frequently depicted in this fashion. There also must be some kind of landscape background behind them, ie/ whether painted, rendered in Bryce, Vue, or what have you (these can also be from any background pkgs which can be purchased or found in free stuff).

5. You must have a title for this novel printed RIGHT ON your image, using whatever text format you like, and your name as the author's name also printed ON the image (I will post an image example in my gallery prior to the start date) -- but in order that I be able to find these in the gallery when I do a search, the gallery title to the image must be "Romance Long Ago" <--typed EXACTLY like this, minus the quotations obviously

6. ONE entry per person ONLY. NO collaborations allowed. Any software can be used, so long as the figures are Poser figures. Postwork is ALLOWED.

7. The FINAL CATCH is your image MUST use at least ONE item from Cimerone's store. This does not have to be one of her characters, but can be any of her brushes, or anything in her store. There must be a store credit listed at the bottom as you would normally do in any image using a marketplace item. For example, in the "store credits" section when you upload your image, you would say something like 'Hair Brushes' and in the 'by' section, choose Cimerone's name from the merchant list. If you merely write it in your image notes, the image will not be considered. Again, when I post my sample image prior to the contest start date, this will all be made clear.

PRIZES:
This time I will purchase a $50 Renderosity Marketplace gift certificate for the winner. Should there be any merchants out there who wish to donate prizes and/or gift certificates, just let me know by IM (not here in the forum, please), and the prize list will be amended.

JUDGING
This contest will be judged in the same fashion as my first one. ie/ I will remove myself from the judging and my family will decide the winner. In addition, since Crasher won my first contest, she will assist in the judging this time, in order to give someone else a chance at winning.

I believe th-that's all, folks... I hope you enjoy this one... HAVE FUN and I look forward to your submissions!!

Jessie. :) *** WORK must be YOUR original work... You cannot rip off another artist during this process or you will be disqualified. Using a background is ok, though, as long as it conforms to the license by THAT artist***

Message edited on: 06/11/2004 09:18