Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Backgrounds/Figures and "Drop to Floor"

Towal opened this issue on Jun 16, 2004 ยท 5 posts

Towal posted Wed, 16 June 2004 at 7:11 AM

I still have a lot of problems with shadows a lot of the time and I think I finally figured out at least partly why. I suspect my shadows are being cast underground (for lack of a better way to explain).

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong here...it's getting frustrating to get a render almost done and then have to spend 4 hours futzing with lighting to get even minimal shadows to work.

I put my figures in, drop them to floor, pose them, move them about etc and drop them to floor again since sometimes I moved them up or back and that changes the position in relation to the floor.

Then I put in my background (mostly I use the cyclorama/mil environment, but sometimes I use microcosm), drop it to floor and instead of "dropping" it raises. The only way I have been able to "fix" this is to use the y position dial to move the background down so the figures aren't essentially under it, but then my shadows don't work right.

I'm sure I'm doing something easy wrong, but I can't figure it out and I'm just getting more and more frustrated.

I'm using P4 if that makes any difference.

Thanks
Towal