Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 4 update question

artnik opened this issue on Oct 20, 2000 ยท 3 posts

artnik posted Fri, 20 October 2000 at 2:28 AM

I finally got around to D/L'ing the 4.03 update. Using get right I got an almost instantaneous setup icon. I tried to use it and it said the installation was successful. Is this possible? I know its an 11.5 or something like that D/L. Does anyone know the answer? I think I should retry to D/L with another D/L utility. How can I tell if it really works now? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanx

JeffH posted Fri, 20 October 2000 at 3:09 AM

Does the start-up screen say Curiouslabs or Metacreations Poser4?

artnik posted Fri, 20 October 2000 at 11:52 AM

It does say Curious Labs now, and its been moved from the Metacreations file to a Curious Labs file. Some of the Menu changes mentioned in the read me file are there, as well. The only thing I can think of to explain this is somehow it was set up to move with some sort of "copy to" function. That would be very quick, and much more efficient. The only other explanation is that it was hiding in my system in some file I forgot about, and I D/L'd it previously. That could be it. A few weeks back my external 38.1 GB drive crashed, and I have been trying to re-do it. So it has put a lot on the back-burner. I might have forgotten I already had the upgrade,lurking in a file somewhere.