Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OK, I'm getting obsessed with this...help needed

richardson opened this issue on Jun 22, 2004 ยท 12 posts

richardson posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 5:04 PM

From yesterdays thread, I located the culptit...Crystal (photo1). Just could not get rid of the artifacts with settings, lights, anything. Love the refraction that was happening (what I'm after). Pretty girls with bad eyesite...my favorite.

richardson posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 5:07 PM

So...changed to glass-dumped the image map and sphere, then added on ray trace reflect and refract nodes. Tried to make them identical to the crystal settings...no go. Anybody good with refract settings?

SamTherapy posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 5:13 PM

Attached Link: http://www.fallencity.net/lore/index.php

Ajax is your man. He has some P5 tutorials over at Fallen City. There's also a pack of his shaders in Freestuff.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

ynsaen posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 5:19 PM

Attached Link: http://www.robinwood.com/Catalog/Technical/Gen3DTuts/Gen3DPages/RefractionIndexList.html

There is a list of refration numbers available through Robin Wood's website that are very handy to have./

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Ajax posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 5:58 PM

Can you post a screenshot of the material room for both the crystal and your glass material? If you don't have a screenshot utility, ScreenHunter is a good free one.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

Ajax posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 6:00 PM

Also, do check out that free shader pack of mine. There are some glass shaders in there, one of which might be OK.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

richardson posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 6:32 PM

Thanks all. Sorry, Ajax- you caught me. Can't post the matroom and have messed with the dials too much. I'm sure the solution is in the falloff dials (etc) for crystal at least. I did pop the raytrace bouces up to 6 before P5 died (earlier). I have your shader pack in hand. Time to get at it I guess.

Ajax posted Tue, 22 June 2004 at 6:44 PM

You could also try turning off shadow casting for the glasses, just to see if that makes any difference.

TrekkieGrrrl posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 4:07 AM

Er.. if you're on a pc, simply pressing prn scr (Print screen - the key located usually in the middle of the block of keys right to your F12) will make a screenshot.. and put the pic to your clipboard, from where you can paste it into any image-processing program (Even Paint will work) So what's the idea in screen-grapping software? (I know some, like HyperSnap can dump things that a normal print screen can't do, but for ordinary screenshots?)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Ajax posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 4:27 AM

I didn't even know you could do that, Trekkie. Thanks for the tip. Now that I do know, the only point of screen grab software I can think of is that it lets you get a selected area or a window instead of the whole screen and you can choose whether to include the mouse cursor or not.

ynsaen posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 5:56 AM

Alt+print screen will give you the active window only, as well, instead of the entire screen.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

TrekkieGrrrl posted Thu, 24 June 2004 at 7:02 AM

Yes Alt+Print screen takes the active window. I have a feeling that ctrl-print screen also should do something special but I don't remember what and I can't see any difference between that and a regular print screen :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.