Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The Last P6 Question: User Levels (no gripin)

ynsaen opened this issue on Jun 27, 2004 ยท 43 posts

ynsaen posted Sun, 27 June 2004 at 9:43 AM

This is the last of my series of odd questions for a short while. Like the others, it deals in possibilities, and, specifically, those for Poser 6. This one is a bit unlike previous ones, though. This one deals in "user levels". Poser, as a program, is used by a much, much wider group of people than are truthfully adequately represented here. Renderosity is focused primarily on the artistic side of things, but the software is used by Police departments, Courts, television stations, advertising agencies, and various production houses for all manner of things -- some of which aren't very artistic. However, the bulk of the advancements which affect these groups do come from this core of hardline users. These users vary in skill level and familiarity with the program, and as a result, this last question deals in something that popped into my hind brain when I noted that the modelling app I am awaiting a usable language port for comes in 3 flavors. Therefore, this question is the easiest in some ways of all of them. Should Poser be segmented into a 3 tier program, and what should be in each tier? By 3 tier, I mean there would be a Basic, an Advanced, and a Professional level version of poser -- 3 of them, with, naturally, increasing levels of capability. Note that the simplest way to do this is to take the existing ones and simply segment them: Poser 4 becomes beginner, Poser 5 would be advanced, Poser 6 would be pro, etc. Although this is the last P6 question, I will be putting out a survey soon. It will be a content survey, and will be hosted offsite. I will post regarding it when the time comes.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)