Kurka opened this issue on Oct 22, 2000 ยท 8 posts

Kurka posted Sun, 22 October 2000 at 7:59 PM

Modeled in Amapi, rendered in Bryce. -Nando

KenS posted Mon, 23 October 2000 at 2:29 AM

Beautiful work on the curtains

Glengarry posted Mon, 23 October 2000 at 2:37 AM

Very nice work. The modeling's great.

Eshal posted Mon, 23 October 2000 at 8:46 AM

Like FastTraxx said beautiful work on the curtains...a very nice image. You can almost feel the breeze blowing through the window, a sense of realism ...something I keep try to get happening in my images but seem to miss :) Regards Eshal

I'm a genetically enhanced blonde...what's your excuse? ~Eshal~

Kurka posted Mon, 23 October 2000 at 12:30 PM

Thanks for the comments.The curtains were a breeze to model. Just a question of drawing a few lines, and telling Amapi to connect the dots. With version 5, i was even able to edit the underlying splines to model both curtains from the same set of curves. I've been using Amapi for only a few weeks, now, but I'm tackling stuff that I wouldn't have before. If you can get the coverdisk, version 4, do it (PC Format, issue 114). The'll even sell you the manual for $29, and give you a break on version 5.

Ironbear posted Mon, 23 October 2000 at 10:30 PM

Nice. I got my copy of Amapi off of the Computer Arts magazine disk full copy version, but I really haven't fooled with it much. I'm coing to have to go back and play with it a lot more. It can be a night mare trying to get that effect on a sweep in Max or Raydream. Kudos, nice image.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

Kurka posted Tue, 24 October 2000 at 7:02 AM

There's a direct connection in Amapi to Max. It's a plugin. If you don't have the manual, I think that you can download it. The interface in Amapi is a bit quirky, but once you get used to it, it's a snap.-Nando

Kurka posted Tue, 24 October 2000 at 7:03 AM

PS- Be sure to download the 4.15 patch.