Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Cat Suit Seams *HELP*

Stormi opened this issue on Oct 24, 2000 ยท 3 posts

Stormi posted Tue, 24 October 2000 at 12:07 PM

Attached Link: http://www.stormi.com/fashionrack.html

I've been having trouble getting my seams to match up and wondered if anyone had any ideas. I have tried everything you can imagine to get them to match. I have noticed that even if you use a "swatch" of your pattern instead of filling the templet you still get seams. I would appreciate any advice. =) Thanks Stormi

"The best and most beautiful thing in life cannot be seen, not touched, but are felt in the heart."

bushi posted Wed, 25 October 2000 at 12:50 AM

An image of the problem would be very helpful. Is this basically an alignment problem or are you getting distortions across the seam? In the first case, making a template with color-coding can help you position the texture as you move from front to back. In the second case, I've found that making a large template (2048 X 2048 +) using 'Mapper and then keeping the texture small as it moves from front to back can minimize the seam.

Dreamspinner posted Wed, 25 October 2000 at 2:31 PM

Also using UVMapper you can remap the catsuit object and chose to not split the map into front and back sections. You'll have a map with just the body suit. Whatever is painted with be mirrored onto both sides of the catsuit. This can be good for simple transmaps as well just realize that if you put a cut out say just above the breasts, you'll get a matching cutout on the back over her shoulder blades. Fairywoods remapped the catsuit in just this fashion and it's available with the Barbarella figure. Liz Pope Dreamspinner Inc.