Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser animation in Bryce--possible?

Wampyir opened this issue on Oct 24, 2000 ยท 3 posts

Wampyir posted Tue, 24 October 2000 at 6:54 PM

Hi, all. I was just wondering--has anyone ever successfully rendered a walking Poser figure in Bryce? I was thinking I would have to export multiple OBJ files and then render the animation frame-by-frame, but my quandry is how to calculate the position of each model so the walk is natural and not choppy. Anybody have any luck in this area? I appreciate any and all help.

yoshi123 posted Wed, 25 October 2000 at 1:34 AM

i saw some one writing about it in 3d artist magazine. if you goto their website you can probably find out more. they have a context search so just type in poser, the it will give you a list of articles about poser then just scroll through till you find that article. i dont remeber who wrote the article but you shouldn't have to much trouble. note:the article was from around sptember or october 99.

3ddave44 posted Wed, 25 October 2000 at 8:35 AM

Wampyir - The method you describe is what is often given as the Poser to Bryce solution. I haven't been brave enough to bother yet partly because of the anticipated headache and choppiness you mention. I've also heard people talk about using a Bryce background in Poser - which is fine if the background is stationary... or rendering in Poser against a green color (to simulate the 'green screen' used in film) and rendering your Bryce anim and then in Premiere merging the two using a feature to mask out the green... that could also be done by hand and then sequencing all the resulting pics in Premiere (or some such program) All labor intensive in any event for a probably less than perfect effect. I think what Im going to try soon is to import sets into Poser and see how that does. - Dave www.citizendave.com