Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: three D -3d aka 4d how to make 4d images like Shrek

bungle1 opened this issue on Jul 06, 2004 ยท 10 posts

bungle1 posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 6:24 PM

Hello i was wondering if anyone knew the name of the process used to create the 4d images like in shrek4d, when not wearing 3d glasses there is a red and blue ghosting effect that causes the 3d effect, is there either an application or advice on how to apply this 4d effect to existing images or animations, any advice tips or research links to this topic would be greatly appreciated. ideally i would like to find an application that will let you drop existing images or film into it and presto at the click of a button is a 4d image, Im probably dreaming though lol,

Poseur posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 6:35 PM

Attached Link: http://www.stereoeye.jp/software/index_e.html

They're called anaglyphs. Try this link if you'd like to make your own still images. You need two images, one for the left eye and one for the right. These can be created in any 3D application like Poser by doing two renders and shifting the camera along the left-right axis a bit (the exact amount depends on the application and will require some experimentation).

There's no easy way to create a 3D image from an existing 2D image or movie because the depth information is simply not there. There are ways to add it manually but they are extremely time consuming (i.e. you're dreaming :-).

Realmling posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 7:30 PM

There is a quick and dirty way to turn something like a digital photo or a scan of a photo into an anaglyph in Photoshop. I can dig up the info I have on it if you like (just can't remember off the top of my head)
I've done some neat things with photos, and a few Bryce renders with the method Poseur mentioned above. (will have to do some Poser ones now too) ^_^

Here's my little anaglyph gallery if you'd like to take a look.

Message edited on: 07/06/2004 19:31

Crazy alien chick FTW! (yeah....right....)

Realm of Savage - Poser goodies and so much more!

~~

xantor posted Tue, 06 July 2004 at 9:10 PM

You can sometimes make analglyphs with dvds if you find a scene where the camera pans to the left or right you can get two pictures that work. The lower picture is off of the tv.

TrekkieGrrrl posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 12:31 AM

Attached Link: BreakOut

Anaglyph maker (from StereoEye.jp) is a great tool for making anaglyphs from ONE picture. No need to make 2 renders or anything, just run the pic thru Anaglyph Maker and you're done. It's a good idea to adjust the picture while wearing 3D glasses, as some fine tuning may be needed. Link goes to an anaglyph pic I made once, using that program :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Thorgrim posted Wed, 07 July 2004 at 11:48 AM

Attached Link: http://www.edimensional.com/index.htm

These guys claim they can do it but you must purchase their glasses. I haven't tried it but I am intrigued by their claims.

bwldrd posted Thu, 08 July 2004 at 1:45 PM

Attached Link: http://www.3dcombine.com

Also may want to take a look at 3dCombine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

xantor posted Thu, 08 July 2004 at 3:35 PM

Analglyph maker can`t make a 3d picture from one photo ernyoka1 the picture you made is not actually 3d.

When you render the two pictures the way poseur said it makes depth in the actual picture, poseur was right about there being no easy way to make a 3d picture from one 2d image or movie too.

Message edited on: 07/08/2004 15:37

TrekkieGrrrl posted Thu, 08 July 2004 at 3:48 PM

No it's not true 3D.. but it works with anaglyph glasses though. I've seen (and made) lots of pictures that way.. While not REAL 3D, the illusion can be pretty convincing, depending on the base image :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

xantor posted Thu, 08 July 2004 at 10:11 PM

It is actually quite easy to make the more real 3d pictures you just render one picture then move the camera to the side a small amount (with dolly x I think) and render the second picture, the 3d effect is much better.