Forum: Photography

Subject: Photographing models for use as texture maps

renderclipps opened this issue on Jul 11, 2004 ยท 7 posts

renderclipps posted Sun, 11 July 2004 at 5:59 AM

I'm about to hire a photo studio and a model to produce a texture map for V3. I've never produced my own texture map from scratch before so this is quite an adventure for myself and my friend. We've decided to hire the studio twice, the first hire is for 2 hours, just as dummy run. I'll be taking pictures of my friend and visa versa, to see where we're going wrong etc. The second hire will be 2-3 weeks later with the model for 3 hours. Canon 300D camera will be used (I'll get my friend to post what lenses) Studio has soft boxes, reflectors, constant tungsten lights and 5 flashes triggered by infra red So as you can imagine I've got a few questions :-) * Do you think 3 hours will be enough time to take the pictures of a model to make a V3 texture? (I've estimated we'll need approx 200 photos) * What lens do you recommend for close ups, ie. eyes, lips, feet etc. * What lens do you recommend for full body shots (ie 50mm or 100mm) * If I concentrate on a) Getting rid of shadows with use of soft boxes and flashes etc. b) Making sure that lighting and exposure isn't to bright to avoid bleaching. c) Get focusing spot on. - Shouldn't this guarantee perfect results? I look forward to any suggestions