Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Excessive and hypocritical censorship

DavidDeyo opened this issue on Jul 14, 2004 ยท 44 posts

DavidDeyo posted Wed, 14 July 2004 at 11:39 PM

I just received a notice from the management of this website informing me that one of my images has been removed from my gallery under the claim that it violated the TOS. The image contained two nude men preparing to share a kiss in a desert camp. I would like the record to show that I consider this deletion inappropriate and overzealous since the couple in the image are not engaged in intercourse. The M3 figure in the image was used without the gential figure and the M2 figure had his genitals switched off before import to the rendering software used. Therefore there is no possible visible arousal to be found in the rendering. You cannot even see so much as a bare butt in the image. The two male figures are nude but the image is appropriately marked as containing nudity, as per the TOS. Furthermore, the two male figures were posed using a pose set which I purchased from the Renderosity marketplace. The pose came from a set that was intended to show two male figures in various intimate but non-sexual embraces. How is it possible for a romantic pose set that is apparpently kosher to offer for sale on Renderosity result in a render that violates the TOS when there is nothing added to the image that would result in any display of arousal? If my rendering violates the TOS, then so must every pose set offered for sale here which is intended to place characters in intimate and even overly sexual positions. This is excessive imagination on the part of the censors of this site. I understand and respect the need to keep the content of this site within the bounds of legality and good taste. But I strongly disagree that my posting, "Exploration" violates the TOS.