Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Animation Vibratus Interruptus....

Dale B opened this issue on Jul 15, 2004 ยท 9 posts

Dale B posted Thu, 15 July 2004 at 10:56 AM

Bet that gets some attention.... :P

Now onto the real question.

I'm working up the figures for a short I'm probably out of my mind to be attempting. The current 'how do I' involves vibration effects. Specifically, what I have is the Vicki Electra character on the RDNA Freakin Beast chopper (and I have been dying to get that one moving). I'm planning on using Ockham's Jiggles Python script on varous soft bodies (besides Vicky's you dirty minded people) to simulate the effects of motion, or at least enhance them a bit. Can anyone think of a way to add the actual effects of vibration and the numerous visually imperceptible bounces that cycles typically have without keyframing each and every frame...and then finding a way to mask that work so it doesn't create more trouble (visions of spline implosion dancing in the forebrain)? What I'm =hoping= to render in VuePro is a long (20-35 second)pan in and around while the bike and rider do a little lane changing dodge, so there will be angular vectors relating to gravity; those are no prob; just bloody tedious. I'm also going to be experimenting with the windforce, to try and get those vortex effects you get from a non areodynamic body pushing through the air.

Message edited on: 07/15/2004 11:02