Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Favorite Figure to Use?

Zarabanda opened this issue on Jul 26, 2004 · 64 posts

Zarabanda posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 4:18 AM

I know everybody has their "go to" figure, the one figure you really love to work with and appears in most of your renders. I'm curious how many people are strictly using V3, or some still hanging back with V2 and possibly even posette? Personally I prefer V2 over all of them, I just like her body shape and morphs. I've also discovered that gasp I really like Don and Judy. They're a little rough around the edges and need some tweaking (especially Judy!) but I just can't pass up all the content that comes with Poser 5. I still love posette and dork, but they're just too low poly these days. If anything I'd use V2P4 or M2P4 because their wardrobe is still great.

TygerCub posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 4:33 AM

I love "Mike's sister", Stephanie (the original). Her face isn't as fashion-model-pouty as Victoria and I love the range of morphs to make her a little more muscular than Vic.

JenniSjoberg posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 4:36 AM

Roxanne2 Is definately my absolute fave.. although recently I've used V3 more.. I need to get back to Roxy soon :)

CRITIC, n. A person who boasts himself hard to
please because nobody tries to please him.

SWAMP posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 4:48 AM

I use V2.5. That's Neatherworks hybrid Vic3 head on the Vic2 body. I get the nicer looking face/head without the macaroni jointed body. I also use the PTGirl mesh alot,rescaled and morphed to hell. Gives me a completely different looking Vicky. For horror scenes, I use the Milli Baby (scary little bugger). SWAMP

genny posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 6:22 AM

I still like V2. I find V3 very difficult to pose. Swamp's discription "macaroni" jointed body is just perfect to discribe how she "behaves" when I try to pose her. LOL!

PeterJok posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 6:27 AM

I dont have V2 or V3 but I really like EJ (new Judy).

mathman posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 6:56 AM

I would say David for male poses, V3 for female facial poses, don't have a favorite for female body poses. I also love playing with the lesser known - and greatly underestimated - characters such as Elle (who is superb with a really winning smile), also Dina V, Natalia, Nadya and Solondra (all fantastic as well). I agree with the comment about macaroni joints for V3 - I call them "ragdoll arms".

Elsina posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 7:29 AM

Mike 3 is my favourite, but sometimes I still use Mike 2 as well. Also love the Milbaby. Not use my Victoria or Stephanies very often.

My gallery @ Renderosity

Khai posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 7:44 AM

hmm HER, Behemoth and the Sixus1 Goblin here... all my V's and M's are on a cd somewhere....

DominiqueB posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 7:55 AM

I am leaning more towards the toons lately, they are more expressive than V3 which I never really got into. Can't seem to get a decent expression out of her, so I still use V2 and the MilGirls a lot. But having been lucky enough to work with the beta of G.I.R.L. I can honestly say she is going to be my favourite for a while because she has the most amazing face and the best facial expressions. Slap a texture on her and she literally comes alive, I can't say that of V3 she's realistic, but not alive.

Dominique Digital Cats Media

TamiL posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 7:58 AM

HER, Sara(1) and Staci here.

elizabyte posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 8:04 AM

I'm very partial to Stephanie Petite. I use her in preference to V3 whenever I can. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Tyger_purr posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 8:04 AM

I use M2 and V2 mostly, I don't own M3 or V3 or the freaks (can't afford them). I do have D3 and S3 (mainly because the were on sale) but i am still gathering stuff to make them versital enought to use regularly.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

wolf359 posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 8:04 AM

Attached Link: Freak in Motion

The DAZ "Freak" all the way :-)

My website

YouTube Channel

RawArt posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 8:13 AM

Steph, David and Freak I like best (though I design most of my characters around M3 and V3 shrug )...at leats the textures mix and match well :) Rawn

Richard T posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 8:35 AM

All depends what clothes and body textures I want to use. Mainly use M2/3 and V2/3.

compiler posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 8:51 AM

Main workhorses : V2/M2, PreT, AnimeDoll. Used quite often : Sara, Freak/She-Freak. Seldom used : Alexa, V3, Stephanie1, Koshini, Posette.

SeanMartin posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 9:05 AM

The P4 guy and Ichiro, in the main, with the ToonCat almost a signature model for me these days, but I'm also finding I'm using Corporal Splud (from 3D Universe) more and more.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

pdxjims posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 9:11 AM

David and Seth (Aeon). They have the best base figures of the males, and take morphs better than other male figures. My favorite after that is Ichiro. I've never gotten what I consider a good picture out of any female figure except Kiki. That's my problem though. Lack of personal experience.

elgyfu posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 9:15 AM

I love Stephanie Petite. David is also great, I am not a big fan of the muscle bound male but Mike 3 does get an airing sometimes. Dina V is great, it is nice to use someone not at all Dazy occaisionally. But my biggest favorites are Koshini, Kiki and Krystal - they are such darlings. Finally, must say I love the anime doll coz I am very into Japanese animation and she has the look!

akura_ posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 10:04 AM

Vicky 3, Mayadoll, New Judy, Anan and Anan/Vicky 3.

Farside posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 10:38 AM

V3 head on a V2 body, V3's body needs major work by Daz for its next generation of characters.

PeterJok posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 10:52 AM

I only have poser people. I like Judy (EJ by 3Dream) and I am looking for great characters for Don, Penny and Willy.

DigitalVixxen posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 11:30 AM

I'd have to say David is my favorite. He's the perfect pretty boy for all my images. V3 goes for my most often used female, not because she's my favorite, but because she's the best I could find.

Strixowl posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 11:57 AM

Females: V3 & S3 (Prefer Steph,but must use V3 frequently because of wardrobe considerations :-) Male: M3 (like David better,but can't afford him + clothing etc. - wish I'd never bought M3)

tivao posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 12:08 PM

M3 and David 99% of the time. V3 & PT when I want a female. Barely ever use any toons but Sara is warming up on me.

GladysClump posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 12:10 PM

Almost always use Judy and sometimes Don, with loads of magnets and faceroom morphs

Tunesy posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 12:36 PM

V3 and Alexa. I made a bunch of custom morphs for Alexa. Working on custom clothes for her now. One day I'l get off my butt and post em in free stuff.

steveshanks posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 12:48 PM

Steph 3 and Mike 3......David is catching up though.......Steve

SnowSultan posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 1:06 PM

Hm, surprises me how many complaints there are here about V3. I really just use her and M3; I do like David more than M3 but he doesn't have enough clothes yet. I don't like Stephanie Petite at all, she's way too scrawny IMO. Muscle morphs are nice, but V3's are good enough for me. I like the Freak for humanoid monsters, and Anime Doll and Koshini for toons. SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

FishNose posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 1:16 PM

1. Hybrid V2 Head on V3 body 2. Maya Doll 3. V2 4. PT 5. Alexa :] Fish

SamTherapy posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 1:19 PM

Dunno about favourite, because V3 gets used a lot merely because it's the one with a lot of available stuff. I'd probably pick the original Stephanie because it's different enough to be distinctive. My least favourite, though... definitely M3 . I've used it maybe 3 or 4 times since I bought it.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

xoconostle posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 1:31 PM

Female: V3 Male: David I still like V2 and M2 but don't find myself using them much anymore. Since the release of David, M3 has been largely unused ... until I bought Quim2001's "Alberto" character for M3/P5, which is exceptionally good. It's unfortunate that DAZ has pretty much left David to brokers' whims. The figure will be far more enduring than any trendy T.O.O.N. thingy. ;-) Although I don't use them for renders I post publicly, I love using the DAZ Gremlin and D-Bot family for .bvh animation file tests. The Gremlin is one heck of a dancer! He can do ballet or breakdancing with equal grace, and he never stops grinning!

slinger posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 1:34 PM

My favourite is Nigel (even though people insist on calling him "Freak" sometimes)...he's way more versatile than you'd think at first glance.

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

pakled posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 1:58 PM

Maya Doll in Poser, Vickie Lo-Res in Bryce, Mike Lo-Res either place. I use Dina a lot as well..still installing characters..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

soulhuntre posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 2:10 PM

I use V3 almost exclusively, and I will probably go to EJ as my "back up" figure just because she is so damn pretty. For toons? Right now it's all Staci, when the Girl shows up it will be GIRL then Staci.

texmextortilla posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 2:24 PM

AnimeDoll & V3 are my choices, Vicki lo res is pretty good too.

lesbentley posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 2:49 PM

Posette, because of the better default shape (even though the joints are awful).

TrekkieGrrrl posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 3:19 PM

David is my favourite, but I also use M3 quite a bit. I've never really gotten into (no bad jokes please L) Steph Petite but I do like V3, partly because of all the accesories she's got. Nigel is also a great character, as Slinger said, far more versatile than he may appear at first. Oh and Dodger's AEON people of course.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

nene-chan posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 4:04 PM

So far it's Sara, Koshini, Kiki and Ichiro. When the mood strikes I'll use Maya Doll (and I'm saving my pennies for the Anime doll) or the PTgirl.

Porthos posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 4:19 PM

V3 and the Mill girls!

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

igohigh posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 4:42 PM

Sal A. Manda. Hey, you know what they say abut a guy with a big tail now dontcha?? ;p

BastBlack posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 6:40 PM

M3 is by far my most used figure. He looks good right out of the box, and has tons of support (the kind M2 only wished he had!)

For females, I adore Steph 3, she's so cute and "real".

For toons, AnimeDoll is tops! She fun, fast, easy to use, and comes in a great kit (with lots of freebies too)! Yea!

But if I need a scary creature, I'll go with a Sixus figure, the Freak, or M2.

bB

Message edited on: 07/26/2004 18:42

wheatpenny posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 7:18 PM Site Admin

Mike and Vicky 2 Don and Judy (I have M3, V3, SP and the freak, but they tend to drain my resources a bit, and they and their stuff take up too much drive space (I only have a 20 GB HD). But as soon as I get an external HD I may start using them again.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

almeidap posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 7:47 PM

M2 and V2, Animedoll, Koshini and Ichiro I rotate between them and Alexa would be number 2. Number 3 are a slew of charecters from Sixus1! Krystal, Kiki, toon animals number 4

wheatpenny posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 8:23 PM Site Admin

Oh, yeah, I forgot Alexa. I use her a lot too.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Dale B posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 9:03 PM

Natalia, Dina, M1,2,3, V1,2,3, S1, 3, Koshini, Alexa, Neftoon Gal, AnAn, Judy EJ, Judy+ Morphin Mindy, David, Ichiro, etc..... I tend to use them all, as it makes is so much easier to get differing looks and attitudes with the different meshes.

Crescent posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 9:53 PM

V3, David, Anime Doll and my hybrids - Anime Doll's head on V3 and David. (And I love using WyrmMaster's Sara Spriteling magnets on V3's for an anime body.) Neftoon Gal's head on V3 is also quite nice. I do really like Sal as well, but he needs more clothing.

Robo2010 posted Tue, 27 July 2004 at 1:42 AM

Well, I do like P4 woman, with V3. This is a P4 woman with BtSculpters texture. Now, that I have P5, I am unable to use the texture correctly. Still working on it. :-)

Tashar59 posted Tue, 27 July 2004 at 4:08 AM

I use the mils, all of them one way or another, except david, didn't bother with that one. I also use maya figures, Natalia, and all the wonderful figures done by everyone else. I like to have a choice. I'm even getting the hang of Don and Judy. Still V3 is my main choice.

Sarissi posted Tue, 27 July 2004 at 8:39 AM

Not really sure if I have a favorite at this time. Low income means slooooow gathering of programs and content. I have M2, V2, Sara, and M3 for the moment. M3 seems to work better than M2. Though what I have seen of David, looks really good. I am more likely to use which one(s) work best for a given scene. Still gotta get SP, V3, and David.

Puntomaus posted Tue, 27 July 2004 at 8:48 AM

PT with Thorneworks characters ... LadyLittlefox characters (no matter which, I love them all) but my new favorite is GIRL at the moment.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

MistDragon posted Tue, 27 July 2004 at 10:51 AM

Where does one get Vic2.5, SWAMP? I'm curious about it now :D

MISTDRAGON

SWAMP posted Tue, 27 July 2004 at 11:27 AM

Attached Link: http://www.thenetherworks.com/index2.htm

MistDragon,Sorry, Vic 2.5 is the name I use....V3-Hybrid is the real name,and you can get her at this link (under conversions). Note:You need to own Vic2 and Vic3 to decode the file. SWAMP

MistDragon posted Tue, 27 July 2004 at 11:29 AM

Thank you so much! :D

MISTDRAGON

Crescent posted Tue, 27 July 2004 at 11:39 AM

Mistdragon - go to http://www.thenetherworks.com/ and then click on "Morphs and Conversions" It'll be towards the bottom on the right. Cheers!

XENOPHONZ posted Tue, 27 July 2004 at 2:38 PM

"Favorite"?

Strictly to create a scene -- I can't say that I have a "favorite". I use whatever figure best fits the scene.

To look at? Now, that's a different matter......V3, of course. Followed closely by S3. Mayadoll is good, too. And V2 is nothing to sneeze at. The PT girl can be "morphed up" to order, too.

You know, it's interesting that V3 characters/clothes/poses out-sell every other poser model by a wide margin, and yet few people admit to using V3 for anything.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

XENOPHONZ posted Tue, 27 July 2004 at 2:40 PM

Count the images in the galleries.........

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

venolin posted Wed, 28 July 2004 at 2:49 AM

Sara and V# for female characters and M3 for male characters.

Phantast posted Wed, 28 July 2004 at 5:13 AM

No-one mentions Eve, but I really like Eve3 - very gratifying to work with: has the advantages of Posette but with better joints. And there are so many morphs available. That said, my default character these days tends to be Vic2. I use V3 as well, but all those polys slow me down.

ming posted Wed, 28 July 2004 at 4:32 PM

Rox !!!!!

DarkStarRising posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 3:29 PM

hhmm, well me likes V2, V3 and the V3 male pack, and of corse she freak :)

In the words of DarkStarRising:
"Sadness within sadness,
Darkness within darkness,
a shadow of a form lays upon the floor,
looking at herself
looking at her own shadows of loneliness"

ming posted Thu, 29 July 2004 at 8:39 PM

Once again, I say ROX.

BtaraKtahn posted Mon, 23 August 2004 at 7:40 PM

*Staci! I love her!*Sadly though, she's pretty limited in the wardrobe
department. Someone give us more freebie clothes
and accessories for Staci!