Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Slipping Top for V3

IcyFire opened this issue on Jul 26, 2004 ยท 10 posts

IcyFire posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 5:59 PM

I have modeled a dress for V3. The top of the dress is similar to a tube top. The cr2 works just fine except for one little problem. When Vicky raises her arms, her breast are exposed. This is not a poke-thru. It is as if the top portion of the dress "slips" down. I have checked the joint editor but see no problem there. Can someone offer some suggestions?

IcyFire posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 6:04 PM

This is a photo of the problem.

modus0 posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 6:08 PM

I'm no expert, but it looks like the top isn't moving up with the collar.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

HullBreach posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 6:11 PM

Theres a way to "pin" the top to her to prevent this, but I am a newb without a clue how to do it. I remember it was mentioned in this tutorial by PhilC: http://www.philc.net/tutorial6.htm (BTW PhilC is a really helpful guy, hes helped me out on a few occaisions now)

FyreSpiryt posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 6:14 PM

Joint controlled morphs. The dress needs matching morphs to move up with her breast, or this will happen.

odeathoflife posted Mon, 26 July 2004 at 8:58 PM

Which is a reason my I am not using r3 people cause poser 5 'fixed' teh cross talk that the r3 characters rely on to work properly.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

steveshanks posted Tue, 27 July 2004 at 7:06 AM

Its like FyreSpiryt says, if you have tailor you can use that to put the JCM in the dress......Steve

zorares posted Tue, 27 July 2004 at 8:54 AM

But doesn't this happen in real life?

http://schuetzenpowder.com/sigs.jpg

lalverson posted Tue, 27 July 2004 at 9:24 AM

Yeah, that what I have noticed about these sorts of tops. And by the way much to my happiness. I'd say leave it since it would add a note of realizim

SWAMP posted Wed, 28 July 2004 at 1:30 AM

Yea..leave it like it is...."wardrobe malfunctions" are very much in style.