Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: So you have all these really nice clothes that dont fit anymore...

SeanMartin opened this issue on Jul 27, 2004 ยท 12 posts

SeanMartin posted Tue, 27 July 2004 at 2:03 PM

... and they're just sitting there on your archive CDs gathering dust because you dont think you can use them anymore. As some of you may have seen on other web sites, like PoserPros, I've been going through a whole Ichiro phase these days, taking older props and costumes and, without using Tailor or Clothing Converter, just the dials and a lot of patience, I've managed to build up quite the wardrobe for this little guy, with looks for everything from sci-fi to medieval fantasy stuff (One of my favs is a rework of John Malis's old Paladin character -- the refit of the armour, in tandem with some new texture work, looks flat out incredible, like he was born for it). And best of all, all of it's free from places like animotions and even here at Rsity. Like this image -- it uses a *P3* motorcycle jacket from an old animotions character. The initial "conform to" gave it a reasonably decent fit, but when I played with the Y and Z settings on the chest and abdomen areas, the shoulders dropped into place like they were meant for him. I then adjusted the Y and X settings on the sleeves to get them to match up to the length of the segments of his arms, then saved it as a new cr2. I mean, it's not a difficult process, of course, but with all the stuff out there that we feel we can't use because it doesn't fit V3 or David, I think we might be surprised what can be "recycled" and made anew. Oh, and I have yet to use magnets to get this stuff to fit. I know almost nothing about magnets, so it's by necessity that I restrict myself to the dials. :) One other technique that's given surprisingly good results is to export, say, a suit of armour, but export it as all separate pieces -- then reimport them one at a time, parent them to the required body part, position and rescale for optimal fit, then lock. I have three new scifi suits for Ichi that were made this way, and they all pose beautifully. Just an FYI, folks, a technique you might find useful sometime.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider