Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Textures questions

Kristta opened this issue on Aug 06, 2004 ยท 3 posts

Kristta posted Fri, 06 August 2004 at 3:47 PM

1. If I were to make a texture for The Dress (available from Daz), would I need to get permission from someone to offer it for sale say, here in the MarketPlace? 2) I'm not sure what exactly is involved in creating a texture. I have a good idea as I've worked with other programs and things making them before. Any hints or suggestions or tutorials I should read? Thanks for the replies. Kristta

odeathoflife posted Fri, 06 August 2004 at 6:27 PM

1)No you do not need permission to make an all new original texture. But it would be nice to give the creator a copy, be it the dress or whatever. 2)a(ii)-Well, you need to grab the texture template from Daz on the product page of the dress. a(ii)-Take hte template file into your painting program and draw teh texture on the template file. b-take the obj file into a 3dpainter type program and paint the mesh

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

Crescent posted Fri, 06 August 2004 at 9:01 PM

So long as your texture for the Dress didn't use anyone else's work, you're free to give the texture away or sell it as you please. As for texturing, it's like odeathoflife says, grab the template and start painting. Every so often, save your work and load it into Poser to see how it is coming along. You'll also need to make MAT files to load your texture onto the Dress if you want to sell it. (I can't think of a store now-a-days that won't expect a MAT file for each texture.) Cheers!