Forum: Bryce

Subject: Bryce 4 objects deform

skypeopleusa opened this issue on Nov 06, 2000 ยท 7 posts

skypeopleusa posted Mon, 06 November 2000 at 1:29 AM

some times when i click on an object to drag it the object deforms ? sorry about the dumb newbie question but can't figure this one out. Any help will be appreciated i'm on my 9 th day with Bryce

Rider99 posted Mon, 06 November 2000 at 3:28 AM

Hi, maybe you hit the scale Button instead of the drag Button.The drag Button is the fourth from left.The other possibility is that you click on the cornerpoints of your object to drag it. If you want to move your Object this way click directly on the object. Hope this will help you. Bye

pnevai posted Mon, 06 November 2000 at 11:06 AM

A peculiarity with Bryce. When you ungroup a mesh. All of the objects within that mesh remain selected. If you move or rotate the mesh at this point the individual objects will become misaligned. I think it is because Bryce applies the move or rotate to all of the individual object on a per object basis. If you wish to avoid this only move the mesh as a group or regroup the individual elements before applying any moves or transforms.

skypeopleusa posted Tue, 07 November 2000 at 2:29 AM

Attached Link: http://www.skypeopleusa.com/brycegallery.htm

Pnevai Thanks that makes sense as i've been using groups of objects. I'll watch and see what happens. The deformaties occured draging the object directly and using the thingies at the top.

pnevai posted Tue, 07 November 2000 at 7:16 AM

I had this happen to me on a few occasions when I first started using Bryce Unfortunately it happened with a mesh that had a ton of individual objects and after hours of work. I rendered the scene and this robot I was working with looked all out of shape. When I examined it closer I noticed many elements slightly out of place or scaled unequally. I learned that if you manipulate a group of objects especially if they all part of the same figure, just by selecting the different elements the figure can become distorted. To avoid this after selecting all of the sub-elements group them by clicking on the little G button. This will prevent the distortion.

pnevai posted Tue, 07 November 2000 at 7:23 AM

Also remeber the object manipulators on the top can scale objects as well a move them. This also is true of clicking on the transform points on the object bounding box as well. The manipulator at the top on the left will scale objects (that box with the arrows sticking out) the one on the left moves the selected object. The control points surounding the selected object it's self (the tiny cubes within the box outline) do the same thing.

Hawkfyr posted Tue, 07 November 2000 at 10:06 PM

This is called "Skewing". it happens when you move objects in "World Space". Try moving them in "Object Space". Hawkfyr

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”