Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Insufficient disk space - the cure (Q Fix)

maclean opened this issue on Aug 15, 2004 ยท 7 posts

maclean posted Sun, 15 August 2004 at 10:35 AM

For the first time in 6 years of using poser, last night I got the 'insufficient disk space to render at this rez' message. Tried about 10 times, closing opening, rebooting, etc. So I thought I'd post this fix as a reminder to y'all. Now, I can't remember who originally posted this, but I'm grateful to them. It was called Q Fix and whoever thought of it had a simple system. You make a new folder somewhere outside Runtime and copy the files from the main Poser folder into it. There are 8 files for Poser 4 (don't bother with the readmes), including the Poser.exe and Poser.rsr. If possible, you should make the copies after a clean install. When Poser starts to get uppity, all you do is replace the Poser files with the clean copies you made and everything goes back to normal. Which is exactly what I did last night..... and rendered. mac PS Another tip - The main file poser.rsr should always be a 'read only' file, NOT archive. This prevents it from becoming corrupted too quickly. Just right-click it and change it to 'read only'