Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Help! Lost Hair!

Byrdie opened this issue on Aug 25, 2004 ยท 9 posts

Byrdie posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 5:36 PM

After one too many system tweaks, I accidentally committed Posercide. Managed to resurrect the beast but now my runtime's missing quite a few files, including favorite hairstyles. Does anyone know where I can find the Chinese Q hairstyle that used to be a freebie here? Also Koz long hair for Mike? Thanks!

igohigh posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 5:45 PM

Q-hair: http://www.tinyickhong.com KOZ hair: http://digitalbabes2.com/ Now if you find any of my hair please send it this way, my hair line is reseading rapidly and I'd love to get mine back too ;

Byrdie posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 5:58 PM

You mean there's no truth to that old rumor about bald guys being superstuds? Darn ;- Anyways, thanks! Off to download now.

xantor posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 7:02 PM

If you have a cd writer, you should back up the poser items you download, even the free ones.

Byrdie posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 7:20 PM

I usually do but ::bangs head on keyboard:: those were among the ones I hadn't gotten around to burning yet :-(

xantor posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 8:57 PM

That IS bad luck.

Byrdie posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 10:17 PM

Yeah, sucks, doesn't it? On the bright side, all my Daz stuff is safe -- though I'm not sure which version of Sara I've got now. My PoserWorld stuff I just burned to 5 discs (amazing what $20 buys these days) and just about all my 'Rosity files are on CD too. So I'm counting myself lucky; it coulda been a whole lot worse. Though Poser still keeps bugging me for missing texture files ... that I never had to begin with. Ah well, maybe they'll fix that in Version 6.

svdl posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 10:26 AM

Missing texture files? Try CorrectReference, there's a free version somewhere here on freestuff. That'll fix those irritating messages.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Byrdie posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 11:57 AM

Thanks, just used it. Neat!