Forum: Carrara

Subject: Converting objects with bones

TOXE opened this issue on Aug 29, 2004 ยท 5 posts

TOXE posted Sun, 29 August 2004 at 2:13 PM

Hi guys! Maybe someone knows already that method, but because i have had the need to convert an object with bones for a complex project i'm working on, today i have discovered a nice little trick:-) Example: create your animal or flower or anything that need a skeleton. Creare the skeleton and attach it to the obj, deform it as you need, click on your object to enter the VM, choose convert to another object and choose primitive. The game is done, your object is deformed but not attached on the bones. The only thing that disappoint me is that is impossible to delete the bones that are now a single object. But, don't worry copy the obj on a new document. I hope that is useful:-) -TOXE

nomuse posted Sun, 29 August 2004 at 4:39 PM

Hrm. I thought I used "convert deformed object to mesh", myself. Still had to do the "convert to other modeller" routine on the resultant. It is worth being reminded that bones are a neat tool for making certain kinds of soft deformations in a mesh or morph.

TOXE posted Mon, 30 August 2004 at 4:02 AM

Yes, i have tried "convert deformed object to mesh" as you have said, and it works better because it create another new object:-) But you need to have Agroove. BTW useful advice:-) -TOXE

Hoofdcommissaris posted Mon, 30 August 2004 at 4:04 AM

I think the 'convert deformed object to mesh' menu item comes with the Anything Growes plugin, so not everybody can use that function. But I might me wrong on that...

TOXE posted Mon, 30 August 2004 at 4:25 AM

You're right Hoof, you can use it only if you have Agroove. Maybe that function work also if you have a demo, don't know exactly. I have had the need to convert a deformed object with bones because i have a figure that i want to freeze in a particular position and i don't need bones after deformed it. -TOXE