Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: <body><b><i>Hardware Question...</i> </b></body>

Stardust1234 opened this issue on Nov 11, 2000 ยท 7 posts

Stardust1234 posted Sat, 11 November 2000 at 5:02 PM

Hi there,

Some days ago I was trying to create a texture for the nudeposer4 woman in Photoshop. I wanted it to be a high resolution texture so I started with a 3000*3000 image size.

The problem is when I try to use one of photoshop's tools, like paint,stamp etc.. it reacts very,very slow.For example: when I use the paint tool it takes at least 10 sec before I actually see the result. Trying to save the image takes about a minute.

When I use another resolution like 1200*1200 ,I have no problem at all!

I have absolutely no knowledge whatsoever about pc hardware, so my question is: what can I do to solve this problem (apparently my PC is too slow to handle big files in Photoshop) should I buy a faster processor, more intern memory or even a bigger Hard Disk?

BTW: I have a pentium 233Mhz, 64Mb memory and two Hard Disk's, both with 2 Gigabytes. (My 'master' HD has currently 400MB of free space)

Now a colleague of my suggested I buy a bigger Hard disk , cause,so he says, when your intern memory (in my case 64 Mb) is full, windows uses your Hard disk as a 'back up' and stores everything to your Hard Disk ( something to do with virtual memory?)

But again what should I do?