Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Fast Renderer

heli232 opened this issue on Sep 05, 2004 ยท 9 posts

heli232 posted Sun, 05 September 2004 at 11:07 AM

I have to render some animations. What I would need would be a renderer that is faster than the poser 4 renerer because of short development time. Quality is not the main point because the animations will be compressed with a codec. Any suggstions?

Becco_UK posted Sun, 05 September 2004 at 6:00 PM

You need a program that can import Poser scenes. If time is against you and you can compromise on quality then perhaps adjusting some light/ shade settings in Poser 4 may help. VUE4 can inport Poser scenes but you will lose time waiting to get the software. Also, do the rendering when you are about to sleep - that may save you some time.

xantor posted Sun, 05 September 2004 at 8:17 PM

Vue 4 is not fast for rendering and neither is bryce, I would try lightwave maybe with antialiasing off. Turning shadows off will speed up rendering times, too. Cinema 4d is another good one to use if you keep all the extra rendering features turned off.

Message edited on: 09/05/2004 20:19

maxxxmodelz posted Sun, 05 September 2004 at 8:56 PM

C4D, Carrara, Maya, Vue, Lightwave, Shade and 3dsMax can all import Poser animations via a plugin. What you're probably looking at is a financial investment on your part in one of those programs (plus an additional purchase for the plugins required, with the exception of those which ship with the plugin). They can all be set to render in a timeframe suitable for animation on a limited schedule. Otherwise, just use the P4 renderer with limited shadows.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

stewer posted Mon, 06 September 2004 at 3:44 AM

Attached Link: http://film.nvidia.com/page/gelato.html

How about this one? PRMan is also supposed to be very fast.

stemardue posted Mon, 06 September 2004 at 8:42 AM

Stewer, did u see this? (that's your link) $2750.00 ... is the price for a licensed version ;) I wouldn't point at this one as an alternative to poser 4... Snickers

stewer posted Mon, 06 September 2004 at 11:18 AM

Yup, but it's a fast renderer :) And have you seen the price of 3ds max (also pointed out here)?

stemardue posted Mon, 06 September 2004 at 11:28 AM

...sure... not talking about Maya (unlimited or whatever it's called)...

They seem all overpriced (and probably they ARE), but you have the guarantee that when you start a batch network render, it'll come to an end... (at least that's what those are supposed to do). Poser, and most other low-end products, or non-pro ones, give you no guarantee of that. So I guess that's something you are paying for. Not a critic, just a thought. Btw, my snickering was related to the product and its name (no offense meant on you) - Gelato in italian means 'Ice Cream'... now an almost 3k $ Ice cream... wow... ;)

Message edited on: 09/06/2004 11:32

heli232 posted Mon, 06 September 2004 at 12:39 PM

Thank you all for the tips. I allways thought that the other renderer like Vue, Carrara,... produce better quality, Im not sure if they are faster. I will try to adjust the light/shade settings and try to use batchgen to render 24/7.