Forum: Photography

Subject: Underwater Speed

tvernuccio opened this issue on Sep 09, 2004 ยท 11 posts

tvernuccio posted Thu, 09 September 2004 at 8:24 PM

Whatcha think? Do you feel it? Ideas for improvement? Thanks!

Michelle A. posted Thu, 09 September 2004 at 9:14 PM

What I like about this is it's softness, it's beautiful blueness, and the peaceful feeling that comes from this. Underwater you say, but it reminds me of lying in a pile of fluffly downy feathers.... A lovely shot!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

TomDart posted Thu, 09 September 2004 at 9:32 PM

I would need to be there to recommend anything at all! As for the image as it..really do like it. TomDart.

tvernuccio posted Thu, 09 September 2004 at 9:54 PM

glad you both like it! Michelle...you're right. they're feathers. i guess i just see it differently. I look at this and feel i'm underwater...floating...moving with the flow of the current. maybe i'm just out there in my own little world, huh???!!! :) thanks you both again for your input!

bsteph2069 posted Fri, 10 September 2004 at 1:04 PM

I'm all for the feeling of water and feathers or seaweed. But it's the speed part that eludes me! Yes for underwater no for speed. Can you superimpost a blurry eel in the picture? Perhaps some bubbles from an underwater craft. Bsteph

tvernuccio posted Fri, 10 September 2004 at 1:43 PM

bubbles...good idea. that might take some time. great suggestion! thanks!

bsteph2069 posted Fri, 10 September 2004 at 3:09 PM

Yeah as usual I have no idea how to do this! Bsteph

cynlee posted Fri, 10 September 2004 at 11:26 PM

ah, so they are feathers... luv this, one to dream by for sure :]

tvernuccio posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 12:31 AM

i THINK i MIGHT be able to figure out how to add the bubbles, and i probably will one day, but for now, i so much love it like this. When I look at this i still feel myself floating in water. yeah, cindy...to dream by...very comforting to me.

cynlee posted Sat, 11 September 2004 at 1:27 AM

it's perfect as is... no bubbles needed :]

Mikan posted Sun, 12 September 2004 at 8:41 PM

I've already commented on your work from gallery! :) it's a wonderful calm & soft blue!!! :)