Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 5 *increases* Windows boot time?

whoopdat opened this issue on Sep 13, 2004 ยท 19 posts

whoopdat posted Mon, 13 September 2004 at 3:47 AM

Forgive me if this has been covered before, but all I can seem to find on the subject is just the loading time of the program, and I'm not interested in speaking about that.

The quick and dirty is, I just discovered that Poser 5 was the reason that XP was taking almost twice as long to boot. I'm running XP Pro SP1 and I usually get 1.5 passes of the little green bar before I get the login screen, and while I had Poser 5 installed, it was taking 4 passes.

I had just installed Poser 5 the other night on this computer, as well as Photoshop 7, and after removing them one at a time, determined that Poser 5 was the source of my boot time pain.

My only guess was it was the really, really bad copy protection since I can't think of any other reason why it'd delay booting. And yes, I patched it to SR4.1 for all the good it apparently did.

Is this a well-known and documented problem?

Tomorrow I'm going to copy over my already installed copy from my other machine and see if I still get the same boot delay. I'm guessing I won't, but we'll see. I imagine if I were to remove it from my other machine that it'd boot considerably faster as well.

Comments/questions/etc are welcome.