Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: DAZ|Studio and the "geometries" folder...

guy_david opened this issue on Sep 20, 2004 ยท 9 posts

guy_david posted Mon, 20 September 2004 at 3:27 AM

I've had this problem since I first installed Studio: When I import a cr2 model from the "libraries" folder, it never finds the corresponding obj file from the "geometries" folder, and I have to look for it manually. It does give me the correct path for the obj, and that's how I locate it (all the files are actually where they are supposed to be), but it's time consuming and I don't think that was the intention of DAZ. Some technical information: I use a dual processor G5 Mac. The "Runtime" folder is on my "Macintosh HD" and I don't have any version of Poser. I use DAZ|Studio 0.9.7.0.

casey_42 posted Mon, 20 September 2004 at 5:37 AM

Don't use MAC so I can't be much help, might try the latest build and see if that helps.

guy_david posted Mon, 20 September 2004 at 6:02 AM

DAZ|Studio 0.9.7.0 is the latest build. Thanks anyway :)

Jcleaver posted Mon, 20 September 2004 at 7:46 AM

Actually, the latest build is 0.9.7.8, they released a slightly newer version within days of the 0.9.7.0 release.

guy_david posted Mon, 20 September 2004 at 7:51 AM

Thanks - I should check this out.

guy_david posted Mon, 20 September 2004 at 8:15 AM

OK - I downloaded 0.9.7.8 and installed it. The "geometries" folder problem still persists. Did anyone else encounter this problem? Could it be because I don't have a Poser folder? What am I not doing right?

whattawa posted Mon, 20 September 2004 at 10:10 AM

Maybe the poser content directory isn't set up. Did you make sure that the poser content was set up as a Poser content directory instead of a studio content directory? Also, I believe you have to select the folder that contains the Runtime, not the actual Runtime itself.

guy_david posted Mon, 20 September 2004 at 10:22 AM

Thanks Whattawa. It turns out I selected the Runtime folder. It works fine now :)

whattawa posted Mon, 20 September 2004 at 2:52 PM

Cool.