Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: CR2's and OBJ's how to seperate them?

Khai opened this issue on Sep 20, 2004 ยท 3 posts

Khai posted Mon, 20 September 2004 at 4:25 PM

I have a model that I made in tS, mapped and brought in section by section. I parent it then I can make new figure... but... I need the OBJ seperate from the Cr2. Now I figure I export the model from Poser as OBJ keeping the grouping intact, then edit the Cr2 to point to the OBJ. in the CR2 what do I need to remove, add and edit for this to work? can anyone point me to a tute? is Morphworld's tute on doing this for props the same for Cr2's? anyhelp is apprecated! (ps - be gentle.. this is my first time doing this!)

sicowan posted Tue, 21 September 2004 at 9:37 AM

Hi Khai,

I was surfing about and saw your post and luckily I was just looking at this one previously-

http://hometown.aol.com/visualranger/eg-tut.html

I just did this recently with a multi part prop I created, It was easy enough using a CR2 editor (I use CR2Editor02k) to simply cut the geometry info from the CR2, paste it into a txt file and resave the txt file as an obj file to the correct location (minus the braces( ) (note not a smilie).

There are a couple of lines of code you need to replace the geom with I think they are-

storageOffset 0 0.3487 0
and
:Runtime:Geometries:props:whateverthefileis.obj

make sure you have no stray braces ( )

Hope for all the more experienced CR2 wranglers this sounds ok.

Cheers,

Simon.

Khai posted Tue, 21 September 2004 at 1:01 PM

thanks Sicowan! thats excatly what I was looking for :) everything I had found assumed that the OBJ information had been stripped out already :/ thanks again!