Forum: Bryce

Subject: I finally had time to...C&C's please

Colette1 opened this issue on Sep 27, 2004 ยท 7 posts

Colette1 posted Mon, 27 September 2004 at 12:07 PM

I finally had some time last night to wrk on the challenge idea for Sept. First is it allowed? The mysteries of life and death is what it depicts. I desparately need some comments and suggestions. I have not had a lot of time ot devote to Bryce the last few months....:/

draculaz posted Mon, 27 September 2004 at 12:20 PM

nice, i would perhaps suggest dimming the light source significantly as well as giving the light some soft shadows. perhaps a shovel with one of those light thingies hanging off it (fresh grave maybe)?

tjohn posted Mon, 27 September 2004 at 1:38 PM

Nice idea, Colette, definitely allowed.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Slakker posted Mon, 27 September 2004 at 7:35 PM

The jpg compression is out of control here. I like the hard shadows, but i'd like to see you get rid of the gradient shade on the sky (Turn off the sun, and use a radial or maybe even a spotlight.) Maybe keep the gradient, but drop the bump a little bit on the ground texture. Looking good, i like the idea.

Colette1 posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 1:52 AM

Okay I have played around with suggestions. I played a little in PSP. and here are the 2 results. Which one do you like better? The color one?

Colette1 posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 1:53 AM

Or the not quite black and white one?

Colette1 posted Wed, 29 September 2004 at 1:55 AM

Slakker: What is meant by Jpg compression is out of control?