Forum: Bryce

Subject: Poser/Bryce Hair Trnas details for Renderer and anyone else interested...

Ironbear opened this issue on Nov 22, 2000 ยท 3 posts

Ironbear posted Wed, 22 November 2000 at 10:21 PM

Attached Link: Hair Transmapping Tutorials message link...

Thanks to FT and dcrich, I finally got the details worked out on using hair trans mapping in bryce. Basically, I went by the steps outlined in the tutorial dcrich pointed us to... [in the message link] and played around with the transparency and ambiance setting til I was satisfied. I included screen captures of the materials settings I used to hopefuly make the process clearer if anyone else is having uncertainties with it. It's important to make sure the trans map image has an aplha setting, and to set it to Blend transparency in the texture options! Now that I've gotten this worked out... I can't wait to try this character in a full fledged scene. Btw, this technique will make for a long render, it added almost two hours render time on the scene test I did, but the results are worth it.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"