Forum: Bryce

Subject: VOTE in the September Bryce Forum Challenge Here!!! Now!!!

AgentSmith opened this issue on Oct 01, 2004 ยท 43 posts

AgentSmith posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 2:13 AM

Attached Link: Link

The last of the FIFTY entries are in and it's time to vote! Take the above link and view all the entries. (THREE pages of entries) Place your vote back in this forum thread. You will place 3 votes, no more, no less, no voting for yourself. The 3 votes will be your top 3 favorites. You will be giving 3 points to your #1 favorite, 2 points to your 2nd, and 1 point for your #3 fave. Try to list it something like this for easier tallying of the votes; member 1's name - 3 points member 2's name - 2 points member 3's name - 1 point Feel free to write up any others you liked, as I'm sure they would appreciate reading their name! (your own personal "Honorable Mentions", etc.) We will vote for a couple/few days, and then I'll announce the 3 top winners. If there are any questions/problems, please post them in here and I'll answer/fix. Now go vote!!! ;oD AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

draculaz posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 2:36 AM

could you guys like make it any harder? it's bloody hard to choose. 3 points - Kemal - excellent render! 2 points - Ornlu - cool game-like thingie 1 point - Mr Science - they don't call me the boiler room bandit for nothing :D Drac (so many more excellent pieces)

FWTempest posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 3:08 AM

So many good ones... 3 pts - dfisher 2 pts - andreapetra 1 pt. - ornlu dfisher's was the only one that made me smile... andreapetra's was the only one that really disturbed me... and of all the 'looking down the corridor' images, ornlu's really caught my eye. Great month... let's do it again. :)

rj001 posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 3:23 AM

funnily enough for a 'Mystery' theme it was the humourous images that really entertained me. so.. 3 hedgey - for being v.original 2 chohole - though it was close 1 dfisher. .

Experience is no substitute for blind faith.

http://avalon2000.livejournal.com/ - My Art Blog

http://jeferies.jalbum.net/Richard%20Jeferies%20Future%20Perfect/

Kemal posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 3:42 AM

Yep, so many good ones, indeed, wish we had rating on them...here are my choices ! :)

Brittmccary - 3 points

Ornlu - 2 points

Shadowdragonlord - 1 point

P.S.

Have to point out works by Zakalwe, FWtempest and Compugraf, i liked them too, honorable mention, i guess :)

Message edited on: 10/01/2004 03:44

Mahray posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 3:50 AM

This was a tough one, but after much deliberation, I have come up with the following. Dennisld - 3 points - Nice mood Collette1 - 2 points - Touched a nerve, made me all tingly Duo - 1 point - Simple and mysterious Honourable Mentions (in no particular order): Bernatowicz - makes a very nice scene Claymor - A classic rendition of mystery Kemal - Good overall mood/scene It took a lot of effort to get it down to just those people. Well done everyone else.

Come visit us at RenderGods.

Ignore the shooty dog thing.

jasonmit posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 4:05 AM

drawbridgep = 3 pts Claymor 2 pts rjoo1 1 pt Honorable Mentions: FWTempest, brittmccary

pilfit posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 4:12 AM

3 points Nixopixo 35 2 points Kemal 46 1 point Yoro 20

shadowdragonlord posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 4:34 AM

Rayraz - 3pts DFisher - 2pts Ornlu - 1pt This one came to down to FEEL for me, which image really gave me the Willies... I've been down bloody corridors, and lurked as a child outside dark doors, but Rayraz's cell really got me. Good stuff, everyone!

Gog posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 4:57 AM

Rayraz - 3 Kemal - 2 Ornlu - 1 Hon mentions to everyone, standard of the field is excellent

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

RodsArt posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 5:05 AM

3 points - Kemal 2 points - Dennisld 1 point - Claymor HMs to drawbridgep FWTempest Ornlu Shadowdragonlord

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

hedgey posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 7:21 AM

Wanda Burns - 3pts - something traditionally eerie about this one for me Yoro - 2pts - professional job ! Chohole - 1pt - perenial says it all!

brittmccary posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 8:05 AM

Claymor = 3 andreapetra = 2 Kemal = 1 So many GREAT renders. It's really difficult to choose here. Loved dan whiteside's and drawbridgep's too. Chohole's is of course the classic mystery. lol I have solved it though! It's the "washer monster" who eats the socks. g

Yoro posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 8:24 AM

Shadowdragonlord = 3 points, wonderful detailed composition Kemal = 2 points, real creepy atmosphere rj001 = 1 point, fancy idea HM's to MrScience, Ornlu, Rayraz, Claymor ... and to everybody, it's been a hell of a decission, so many excellent renders!

Message edited on: 10/01/2004 08:28

ringbearer posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 9:19 AM

FWTempest-3 pts. Kemal-2 pts. Slakker-1 pt.

There are a lot of things worse than dying, being afraid all the time would be one.

My Gallery

Colette1 posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 10:22 AM

This was one tough challenge to pick out just 3 entries from! I was able to narrow it down to six of them though and then had to enlist the aid of my kids to help choose three of those: Claymor- 3 made me think of 'Clue' Shadowdragonlord-2 very well put together Leeuwena- 1 very simple, but to me, represents the greatest mystery of all. HM's to:Brittmccary-well done,Rayraz- what just left that padded room? Love the padding!,hedgey-vrey original..made me laugh.

Ardiva posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 11:25 AM

Really great challenge and many many excellent entries! I commend you all. smile Shadowdragonlord- 3 points brittmccary- 2points Creations- 1 point

dan whiteside posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 12:18 PM

Shadowdragonlord - 3 Kemal - 2 Dennisld -1

dvd_master posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 12:25 PM

drawbridgep - 3 beebee - 2 Bernatowicz - 1

xceiverx posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 1:46 PM

drawbridgep - 3
shadowdragonlord - 2
Yoro - 1

Good Luck All!

Peace

electroglyph posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 2:24 PM

So many excellent renders this time. Lots of great stuff from people I've never seen before like Joekrick, beebee, bernatowicz, etc. Still, I can only vote for three so... 3 points drawbridgep 2 points dan whiteside 1 point dfisher

Ornlu posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 3:22 PM

3 points - ShadowDragonLord
2 points - Kemal
1 point - Drawbridgep I don't want to give HM's because I'm afraid I'll leave someone out. You all did wonderfully.

Message edited on: 10/01/2004 15:24

chohole posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 4:41 PM

3 pts...Drawbridgep 2 pts...Ornlu 1 Pt....Shadowdragonlord

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

MoonGoat posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 6:12 PM

3 pts = shadowdragonlord 2 pts = rayraz 1 pt = mrscience go team!

Ang25 posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 6:54 PM

So many excellent ones to choose from.
3 pts - dfisher
2 pts - Ornlu
1 pts - Claymor

Message edited on: 10/01/2004 18:55

mrscience posted Fri, 01 October 2004 at 7:42 PM

3 pts - drawbridgep 2 pts - Ornlu 1 pt - Yoro drawbridge for creativity, Ornlu for technical brilliance, and Yoro for artistic beauty. Incredible posts!

Rayraz posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 8:27 AM

1 pt - readymax 2 pts - Dennisld 3 pts - Wanda Burns

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

captor213 posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 9:33 AM

drawbridgep - 3 shadowdragonlord - 2 Ornlu - 1

Nukeboy posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 11:28 PM

Definitely some great stuff: 3 points to Dennisld, great dramatic effect. 2 points to FWTempest, same as above 1 point to Claymor for being closest to the original intent of the theme. Honorable Mentions to Dan Whiteside and Zakalwe (I love those Art DEco juicers!)

zakalwe posted Sun, 03 October 2004 at 5:32 PM

3pts FWTempest 2pts Kemal 1pt Dennisld I agree with them - Black&White is made for mistery!

pogmahone posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 9:55 AM

3 - ornlu 2 - slakker 1 - kemal Hard to choose with so many fantastic entries - rj001, yoro, Claymor, Dennisld, shadowdragonlord, their entries were all great too.

Svaelt posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 10:17 AM

3 - andreapetra - Not only mysterious, but beautyful too. 2 - ornlu - Technical supremacy, as usual. 1 - Kemal - Oh i fancy those old b&w P.I movies. Honorable mentions to the following: dfisher, shadowdragonlord, FWTempest, Dennisld, Feia,

Jaymonjay posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 12:45 PM

3 points: Rayraz - killer render. 2 points: andreapetra - subtle, yet powerful effect, only the lack of specularity on the leaves lost you my top vote. 1 point: dfisher- very nice! Too many HMs to list.

bandolin posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 1:00 PM

3=mrscience 2=FWTempest 1=Rayraz

<strong>bandolin</strong><br />
[Former 3DS Max forum coordinator]<br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php">Homepage</a> ||
<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/mod/sitemail/">SiteMail</a> ||
<a href="http://excalibur.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=70375">
Gallery</a> || <a href="http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?username=bandolin">
Freestuff</a>
<p><em>Caution: just a hobbyist</em></p>

electric posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 2:33 PM

Rayraz-3 points Kemal -2 points mrscience-1 point

tjohn posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 3:36 PM

Rayraz------ 3 points Brittmccary- 2 points Colette1---- 1 point

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

drawbridgep posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 4:47 PM

Very tricky this month. Claymor - 3 Points - Made me smile. jfisher - 2 points - cute. Nice lighting. RJ001 - 1 point - I like the whispy smoke effect. Some very nice pictures. Good luck all.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

danamo posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 7:32 PM

Glad I didn't enter this month, the level of competition is incredible!
My favs are-
Kemal - 3 points- what can I say, I'm a sucker for "Film Noir"
shadowdragonlord - 2 points- Love all the details and admire the work that went into this!
Claymor -1 point- This looks like an intro piece to PBS's "Mystery"

Pedrith posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 9:07 PM

It was really hard to vote because i really liked all the pictures, but here are my votes: Rayraz - 3 points (really cool how he got those colourful transparent shadows to look like faces and stuff) Ornlu - 2 points (It gave me nightmares for a week...I can have very vivid dreams) FwTempest - 1 point (It just really really intrigued me) Pedrith :)

xenic101 posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 12:01 AM

dfisher - 3pts brittmccary - 2pts FWTempest - 1pt great job everyone!

th3seaw0lf posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 6:27 AM

new to renderosity here.... really great images this month....good theme... ok my votes are... dfisher 3 points..great wurk..matches the theme too(i think) shadowdragonlord 2....good,i wish i'd done this Bernatowicz 1 .... nice ...all images are really good...just cant select 3...good work everyone...keep it up!

karineq posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 8:01 AM

Wabart=3 Ornlu=2 Mrscience=1

Claymor posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 8:29 AM

drawbridgep - 3 brittmccary - 2 dfisher - 1