Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: what can i sell?

drhess opened this issue on Oct 02, 2004 ยท 18 posts

drhess posted Sat, 02 October 2004 at 5:09 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to bring this up (and maybe people don't want competition!), but what items do people tend to need most? And what standards do buyers hold for various items? Specifically, since my questions are a bit broad, there are two areas in which I think I can contribute to the marketplace (and help pay for my digital art addiction if not grad school!): 1) Poses -- I've been in the martial arts (freestyle wrestling, karate, taiji) since I was a kid. I have lots of knowledge, DVDs, books (and bruises) on martial poses. I've seen several martial arts pose collections, but I could contribute sets that are more within traditional lines of some arts. In other words, a more complete set of this or that school's poses, as opposed to a collection of various poses from here and there. 2) Textures -- I can photograph very high resolution photos and have studio lights (would need to buy a simple backdrop). If I can make some money, I can also pay some excellent male models. I live in an area where there are tons of fitness obsessed men of all races, ages and sizes. Are women textures needed more since female nude is so much more often used in digital sci-fi stuff? Or would men textures sell well, as there seems to be a lack of them? Last question: how many sales would be a decent amount for an average product over about 6 months? What about above average product? Thanks for any thoughts!! -Doug PS I'll by posting some more of my art later. My non-3d art can be seen at http://www.dougrhess.com/artindex2.htm