Forum: Community Center

Subject: After Effects / Combustion forum - Any chance?

maxxxmodelz opened this issue on Oct 27, 2004 ยท 5 posts

maxxxmodelz posted Wed, 27 October 2004 at 1:41 PM

Recently in the animation forum, we have mentioned how a forum specifically dedicated to After Effects and Combustion would be most useful to animators/movie makers here. These two programs basically share the same features, and Combustion can use the same plugins as AfterEffects, so perhaps a combined forum for them would be best. Currently, there's nowhere to go really with questions regarding these specific softwares. I've seen some AE-specific questions in the director's forum, animation forum, etc. As well as Combustion questions in the 3dsMax forum, which it does relate to Max in compatibility, but it's not specifically a Max add-on. Anyway, someone suggested I post the inquiry here, since there's no mod presiding over the animation forum currently. I don't know how much interest the forum would garner, but it couldn't be any less than the XSI or Maya forums here. So what are the chances of gaining forums for these two apps (or just one for both)? Who can we go to for more info on such a request?

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.