Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Carla/Sondra III and Tailor vs CC...

mmitchell_houston opened this issue on Oct 29, 2004 ยท 3 posts

mmitchell_houston posted Fri, 29 October 2004 at 2:03 PM

I am working with the very kewl Carla character by Posermatic (based on mobius' Sondra III figure). I need to put a bustier and some other clothes on the figure, but they don't fit over Carla's rather "ample charms." I have tried magnets and XYZ scaling, but neither has really worked right (too many parts keep peeking through).

I am thinking about using Tailor to transfer the breast morphs to the top from the V3 Lingerie Pack 1 by Daz. My concern is that I've read that you can't really transfer clothes from one character to another (V3 clothes to Sondra/Carla). I'm also a bit confused about whether Clothes Converter is the app I should use. I'm just not sure and I really don't want to spend $30 - $40 on the apps only to find out they don't work.

Also, I really don't have the time to bring the meshes into Lightwave and edit them. Honestly, my LW skills just aren't ready for that kind of precision work (already tried it and it was very blocky).

VERY open to suggestions and honest reviews of those products.

By the way, here's the image/body that I'll be working on. It's a logo for a pizza shop in Arizona (based on the name of a famous madam). I was on a short deadline, so I drew the top on in Photoshop. I just can't afford to spend the time required to do this every time we make a change. I really need the clothes to fit properly and stay that way (mostly -- I do know this is Poser and nothing fits "perfectly" every time ;-)

Message edited on: 10/29/2004 14:05

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

ynsaen posted Fri, 29 October 2004 at 2:19 PM

if nothing else, I gotta love the name, lol. Ok. still giggling. Best piece in town... You might actually try both, although clothes convertor is sometimes a serious pain int he whosits to use. First, set it up so that you basically get it to fit a default solondra, then use tailor to add int he appropriate morphs. The apps do work -- but different people have different levels of success.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

mmitchell_houston posted Fri, 29 October 2004 at 2:52 PM

Glad you like her! Now, if only the sign committee will approve her! The client likes it, but wants it racier, and the sign committee (in Jerome, Arizona) wants to tone it down a lot. Urrrrrgh. Conflicting directions can be sooooooo frustrating! Thanks for the advice. I've read (here in the forum, actually) that I should create a full-body morph for my version of Carla, then inject it into the dress in Tailor. Or did I misread it? Do you use either app, and do you recommend one over the other? Im leaning more toward Tailor because the reviews seem to be more consistent than those on CC, which is almost seems to have a love it / hate it split. ------------ By the way, I've read your posts here before and just now said your handle out loud and realized that it could be pronounced "insane." VERY clever.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity