Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How easy is it to clothe Stephanie Petite ?

compiler opened this issue on Oct 29, 2004 ยท 6 posts

compiler posted Fri, 29 October 2004 at 5:57 PM

I'm considering buying Stephanie Petite, because she looks much more realistic to me than Vickie 3. The problem is that she hasn't got much clothes (even if RDNA has done lately some nice looking things). Can SP wear V3 clothes ? Or someone else's clothes ? If not, is the conversion easy, or does it involve a lot of mesh reworking and JPS setting ? How good is clothes converter to get V2 or V3 clothes on to SP ?* Thanks in advance for any help. compiler

PapaBlueMarlin posted Fri, 29 October 2004 at 11:04 PM

There's a clothes converter program at DAZ you might use to convert between V3 and Steph.

mmitchell_houston posted Sat, 30 October 2004 at 12:02 AM

Yeah, but does it work? I'm facing the same problem with trying to convert V3 clothes to the Solandra/Carla figure. I just don't feel like paying $40 right now for Clothes Converter and Tailor, just to see if they work.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

Photopium posted Sat, 30 October 2004 at 10:24 AM

I once posted a thread as to how to convert V3 to S3 clothes step by step. The basics: In Poser, import V3 obj with all marks unchecked. Turn this into a new figure with Hierarchy editor. Delete obj and load the new figure. Load s3 obj as morph target, resave. This is your mannequin. 2. Open Tailor and load the mannequin as base figure. Load any piece of V3 clothing. Select your S3 morph and create morphs in the dress. Save the article in a new folder. 3. Load the new article in Poser, empty scene. turn on all the s3 morphs you just made. Now, export this geometry to your geometries folder where the original obj of this clothing is located. Save the new one using only two check boxes: keep groups and figure names. Use the same name as original but change V3 to S3 in the title or Vicky to Steph...something you'll remember. 4. In the free cr2 editor, load steph petite blank on one side and the original clothing cr2 on the other. Make StephPetiteBlank look like the clothing cr2. Delete unnec. groups, change the geometry references (Making sure you now change v3 to s3). Copy over "Figure" key entirely, but make sure all figure numbers match. 5. Once your StephPetiteBlank cr2 looks like the right side, you have a little cleanup to do. Get rid of all the JCM morphs, they won't work. If your garment includes feet, invisible or otherwise, set the trans Keys back to 0 0. 6. Save your new cr2 in a SP clothing directory in your runtime with appropriate name. 7. If you want to be super cool, now you can re-add JCM with tailor. Load S3blank and your new cr2 for clothing and select all applicable JCM's from SP. When the morphs are spawned, you'll have to cleanup a bit. Under "Chest" For example, you'll want to delete any new morphs that don't say "Chest" at the end. Repeat for all groups. Finally, with the new JCM's, rename them to remove _Chest at the end. Resave. 8. Last ultra-cool step: Use morph manager to transfer original clothing morphs over to new garment. Most will work okay. That sounded like a lot of work! The steps are fairly easy and you'll get the hang of them in no time, and you will soon see where you can batch your workflow and work on cr2 editing while you're waiting for tailor to do it's job. Tailor works wonders. As for the other program, I can't vouch. I've got quite a library of Steph clothing this way. Good luck! -WTB

compiler posted Sat, 30 October 2004 at 11:36 AM

Thanks a lot, William : this is precious.

Photopium posted Sat, 30 October 2004 at 11:47 AM

My Pleasure :D -WTB