Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Folding Clothes

Rock_Bottom opened this issue on Oct 30, 2004 ยท 5 posts

Rock_Bottom posted Sat, 30 October 2004 at 1:51 PM

I have a question. I am trying to take a piece of clothes. And have the model hold or rather drag it on the ground. I have played with the deforming it , but the results is not satisfactory. Is there a tutorial or plugin or something that I can refer to ? Thanks For any and all help Rock Bottom

leather-guy posted Sat, 30 October 2004 at 2:23 PM

Which version of Poser? P5 you could do it with dynamic clothing. P4 or ProPak you could try something with scaling and magnets. For an animation, you'd likely need to spawn morph targets from the magnet deformations. (See links to "Poser Back Room" and the links to "tutorials" on the page above for info on these techniques) Or you could create a suitable form using the above methods, or in an external modeling program, and then set it up as a character in the setup room (PPak and P5 only). I think I saw some marvelous clothes by Seraphira in the RMP that incorporate "folding" morphs, but I've not seen dragging morphs.

ynsaen posted Sat, 30 October 2004 at 3:24 PM

There are some morphs in the "sheets: for the Odd Ditty Washing day set that could do this really easily.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

dialyn posted Sat, 30 October 2004 at 9:00 PM

Attached Link: http://trekkiegrrrl.dk/

trekkiegrrrl has a morphing blanket and morphing sheet for free on her website. I believe she was working on some clothes though I am out of the loop these days.

Rock_Bottom posted Sat, 30 October 2004 at 9:47 PM

I am using poser 5. I just started playing with dynamic clothing. I am a bit new. I have a dress from Rubio's room.. I wanted to deform it and have the model holding it by the straps while letting the rest of the dress drape out of her hands and drag on a wooden floor.. I appreciate the info.. I will look into the link. I would really like a drape like effect. It is a real challenge. Thanks Rock Bottom