Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: ATTN: POSER UI

mad.s opened this issue on Dec 06, 2000 ยท 8 posts

mad.s posted Wed, 06 December 2000 at 5:48 PM

Attached Link: http://poser.al.ru/work/poserhack1.jpg

Without the comments. Poser 4.0.3.126. In the PoserRuntimeprefsPoser.ini file set USE_META_UI to 0. By making these changes you not only change the UI. POSER required MUCH less to memory and system resources.

duanemoody posted Wed, 06 December 2000 at 5:55 PM

How the hell do I do this on the Mac? If I figure this out tonight I'll post the results here.

LeeMoon posted Wed, 06 December 2000 at 6:05 PM

You can type "po2" or "po3" while running Poser (similar to the hair trick) and switch the interface between older versions of Poser and the P3/P4 interface. Just tried it on my iBook and it seems to work just fine. :) Probably works on the PC as well. Lee

duanemoody posted Wed, 06 December 2000 at 8:56 PM

FWIW if you want to make it permanent on the Mac, the pref file is in the exact same (duh) location and is just a textfile. This is the Mac version of the alternate interface...

pjanak posted Thu, 07 December 2000 at 12:48 AM

Very Cool to know.

wetworks posted Thu, 07 December 2000 at 7:02 AM

Hat Trick? Did I miss something along the way?

duanemoody posted Thu, 07 December 2000 at 10:01 AM

There's a secret hair-generating trick in Poser which creates a fractal nightmare atop Posette's head. Since it doesn't create a useful hair prop it isn't used much. I forget the keystrokes that invoke it. People who want to play with the alternate UI should be aware of the mysterious X category in each library list.

smallspace posted Fri, 08 December 2000 at 11:22 AM

Ok, I tried using the alternate UI (PC), but after the alternate boot screen, the program just hangs. (empty screen, hour glass showing it's busy - but never goes away) When I turn the meta UI back on, everything is fine again. Anyone got an idea what the problem might be? BTW: Looking at the ini file, there are a couple of other cool changes you can make, such as increasing the size of the Hierarchy window. -SMT

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!