Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: Texture map weirdness

stimpy opened this issue on Dec 07, 2000 ยท 8 posts

stimpy posted Thu, 07 December 2000 at 9:47 AM

I went back to some Poser 4 files (using Poser 4 of course) after not using Poser for a couple of months(I know, I know, I'm a slacker)and noticed that the original body texture maps were not mapped properly. I quit the application, launched it again, and opened up a new P4 character. I set my body texture and it didn't map correctly. I tried the standard P4 texture and the same thing happened. (The hands were on the head, etc.) So what's up with dat? I'm on a MAC G3 laptop with 128 MB ram, 20MB alocated to Poser. Never had a problem before... And yes, the maps and characters are appropriate for each other and were not changed or edited in any way prior to my opening these files. (I know they were ok the last time I worked on them.) I haven't trashed the prefs or ran any diagnostics yet... Just though someone may have some insight before I go through the troubleshooting process... TIA! =8^{DC

Anthony Appleyard posted Fri, 08 December 2000 at 11:09 AM

Was the texture map applled upside down?

stimpy posted Fri, 08 December 2000 at 11:39 AM

Good question, but no. I've done nothing different to any of the files. All of my files seem to react this way: new files and old files...

masterg posted Fri, 15 December 2000 at 3:25 PM

hey stimpy i have had the same problem, everything was working fine last week, then last night many of the poses wouldn't work and none of my textures mapped correctly, i think i'm going to trash the preferences and start over

masterg posted Fri, 15 December 2000 at 3:26 PM

hey stimpy i have had the same problem, everything was working fine last week, then last night many of the poses wouldn't work and none of my textures mapped correctly, i think i'm going to trash the preferences and start over

Anthony Appleyard posted Mon, 18 December 2000 at 2:11 AM

What file are these preferences stored in?