Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT : need radeon driver help

maclean opened this issue on Nov 11, 2004 ยท 12 posts

maclean posted Thu, 11 November 2004 at 3:07 PM

This is due to a problem I'm having with the new version of uv mapper pro. It crashes when I select vertices in the 3d window. Someone suggested I turn hardware acceleration off, and that solves the problem, but means that daz studio runs like treacle. So.... I have a radeon 9200 with the drivers that came with it (9 months ago). I'm not even sure what drivers they are. I have a huge long list of meaningless names. Other than the ATI control panel with smartgart and crap like that, I haven't a clue what's in there. And I think I have most of the options turned off anyway. DOH! I have no patience with this stuff. OK. I went to ATI and the only option seems to be to d/l 26 megs of catalyst drivers. What I want to know is, do I need these? Are they likely to solve my problem? I'm on dial-up, so I'm pretty unkeen on getting them unless I'm forced to. I know no one can tell me for sure if new drivers are the answer, but maybe someone can make an informed guess. Also, are there any options other than catalyst? I googled, but soon got lost among the weird and wonderful sites out there. TIA mac