Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Paypal horror stories -- escape?

pjbear opened this issue on Nov 13, 2004 ยท 17 posts

pjbear posted Sat, 13 November 2004 at 10:49 AM

I have had a minor but annoying problem with Paypal. They keep sending me e-mails and I have tried to unsubscribe but for some reason it never works. I have several years of back and forth attempted correspondence with their automatic system sitting in my files. Moreover I cannot find a phone number to make contact with actual human beings. I imagine that some others have not had this problem, but anyway damnit I have. The real issue RIGHT NOW is that I finally got disgusted and used google to find out if there were consumer groups who might have a solution. I was shocked to find out that thousands of people have had problems much more serious than mine, costing them lots of money, and there are class actions and demands for government action etc. Moreover, again, there is no real appeal because who even knows who these people are? They make it difficult or apparently impossible to find them in real space. This is creeeeeepy. Obviously millions of people have had no problems. I had a couple of friends myself who had used it for years and were satisfied. But plenty of people seem to have been burned and in many ways and are extremely angry. Try google if you want to see what I mean. Something like Paypal complaints consumer groups should work. There are too many types of serious problems from irrate citizens to try to summarize here. But the common thread that I detect is that they are basically unaccountable because they seem to be anonymous. This is very dangerous. If you have a serious problem with them apparently there is not much you can do about it as you would be able to with a normal up-front business. My problem in trying to get off their list fits in with this. I suggest that so far as our community goes, we ask vendors not to use on-line payment systems that are basically anonymous. And I DO have a question. Does anyone know a way to get ahold of Paypal by phone so that I can actually talk with a human being and try once again to get my name and e-mail address and any other information out of their system?