Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: Cross-figure Poses/Animated Poses?

kuroyume0161 opened this issue on Nov 19, 2004 ยท 4 posts

kuroyume0161 posted Fri, 19 November 2004 at 10:30 PM

Poser may be many good things, but having figure standardization is not one of them. In attempting to make a "generic" animated pose for arms, I find that almost none of the values will transfer well from one figure type to another (i.e.: P4, P5, Mil figures). Rotations turn out completely different. Is there any possible way to get around this other than making a pose for each figure? I'm asking because the project would be practically impossible (or strictly limited) if one must use that technique. Thanks for any insights and responses.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

jupiterkris posted Tue, 30 November 2004 at 6:54 AM

A "generic" animated pose can be used on other figures - with a correcting controller . The correcting controller moves the other figure to the generic figure's zero pose at value of 1 - the "generic" animated poses will then work on that figure .

kuroyume0161 posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 3:29 PM

Okay, that made no sense whatsoever. ;) What is a 'correcting controller' (and I've got a rather good indepth knowledge of Poser)? I understand putting one figure into the same pose as another type, but what's this about 'value of 1'? Is this a Full Body master dial? How do you compensate for rotation variations between figures with this method? Thanks

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

jupiterkris posted Thu, 02 December 2004 at 1:17 AM

Sorry, I'll try again ... "Correcting controller" (newly coined) is a controller - Partial Body Dial that, when set to 1, will return the pose of the new (zeroed) figure to that of the old (zeroed) figure . Hope I make sense so far ... The way to obtain the Corrector is to : Superimpose the new figure on the zeroed old figure in Poser . Adjust the dials of the new figure till the pose matches that of the old figure . Save out a pose . Open the pose in a text editor, and check the rotational values . Create a Partial Body Dial on the new character with those rotational values that are non zero . Poses created with the old figure can then be applied to the new figure; and if the Partial Body Dial is set to 1, this should correct the poses for the new figure .