Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Lets talk about animating violence >:D

saviornt opened this issue on Nov 22, 2004 ยท 5 posts

saviornt posted Mon, 22 November 2004 at 6:47 PM

subject says it all. after a week of rendering this simple walking animation, I'm wanting to do a bit more advanced animation.. cutting heads off, ripping bodies to shreds, just the typical stuff you'd see from a V2-3 half-human, 1/4 vampire, 1/4 demon would do against people that killed her hubby, or whatever the plot may be (yet to figure that out). FYI, working with Poser 5 for the characters, Vue4.2 + Mover5 for the background + city-type objects. For simple gashes / slashes, I was thinking about doing a material room animation of 2 textures + bump maps. The first would be the normal texture of the person, the 2nd would be the same texture, but with a deep slash across wherever. the bump maps would be animated from the default bump, to a bump map created from the gash texture, thus giving the appearance that yes, there is a very deep cut in the guys chest. any insights on that approach? or perhaps a better one? i'm also wanting to be able to dissect heads, arms, torso's. umm... perhaps ungrouping + moving the parts? but, uuh, umm.. can you do that in poser? i think i saw a way to do it, but it has been a VERY long time. anyone know if it is possible to achieve liquid splatter effects in poser? or would I have to do that through Vue (if its even possible through there).. if not, I could always post-produce it, though, it may seem a bit less "realistic". another thing is Mimic.. does anyone know how this software works for poser? like, do you type a sentence, then mimic tries its best to achieve that look? or, am I way off base here? oh, and one more thing if no one minds 8), is there a program or pose type thingamagig that allows V2 clothes to fit onto V3?

The Path of the Samurai only ends in death; such is the way of the warrior.