Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: "Generic" animated poses?

kuroyume0161 opened this issue on Dec 01, 2004 ยท 5 posts

kuroyume0161 posted Wed, 01 December 2004 at 7:12 PM

I asked something similar in the Poser Technical forum, but the only response was rather vague. I've created a set of animated poses using Poser 4 Male (Dork-meister). They only affect arms and hands, but this doesn't matter; not even the Poser 4 Female moves exactly the same. This I put down to differing body part scales (geometry-level), variances in JPs, and, for other figures, to overall differences in geometry and JPs. It would be well beyond me (or several people) to duplicate the poses for each and every figure - Poser 4 Male, Female, Boy, Girl, Poser 5 Male, Female, Boy, Girl, V1, V2, V3, M2, M3, David, Aiko, MilB & G, YT, SP, The Girl, Ichiro, and on and on and on and on and on ... you get the point? ;) Would make for a wonderfully large market (of duplicate sales of similar material), but, alas, I don't have 500 years to tackle such a task - remember, these are ANIMATED POSES! And the end result may be several thousand of them (no exaggeration)!! Is there a way to create generic animated poses? My vague reply was something about 'correcting controllers' and initial values to 1 (?) - I'm lost. Thanks!

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone