Forum: Photoshop

Subject: Photoshop 6 Upgrade

chaosphaere opened this issue on Dec 18, 2000 ยท 12 posts

chaosphaere posted Mon, 18 December 2000 at 2:18 AM

I would like to upgrade my copy of Photoshop from 5.5 to 6. However, my copy of Photoshop is from a CD someone burned for me, and is not registered. Would I be able to upgrade my copy of Photoshop?

wyrwulf posted Mon, 18 December 2000 at 3:21 AM

Attached Link: http://www.adobe.com

I'm sure that Adobe would be able to answer that question for you. http://www.adobe.com

TRAVISB posted Mon, 18 December 2000 at 8:18 AM

hey if anyone wants to burn 3d max or lightwave id appreciate it 'lol' ;0)

chaosphaere posted Mon, 18 December 2000 at 11:25 PM

It's a burned copy of the legal install disk, got it from the last job I was at. I have the SN and such. It's not WAREZ. What's involved in upgrading the thing? chaos

STORM3 posted Tue, 19 December 2000 at 5:58 AM

"It's a burned copy of the legal install disk" Unless your employer transferred the licence to you and renounced his rights to it, or included your use of it in a multi-platform licence from Adobe, it is an illegal copy, and illegal for you to install on your machine. Serial numbers prove nothing. Most Adobe and other "WAREZ" comes with a valid serial number and are in fact either full CD copies or "rips" of fully licenced originals. "Warez" is meerly another name for pirated software. STORM

STORM3 posted Tue, 19 December 2000 at 7:38 AM

If you are the licenced owner of the software (i.e. through transfer of the licence or inclusion on a multi-platform licence) do as wyrwulf suggests and contact Adobe as regards registration and upgrade options. STORM

Spanfarkle posted Wed, 20 December 2000 at 1:40 PM

I am staying away from PSv6 until all the bugs ahve been worked out. Also there is some kind of compatibility problem with Illustrator 9 and PS6. Heard reports that Ilustrator 9 file will not open in PS5.5, only in PS6. What great marketing strategy! You need to buy PSv6 in order to use the Illustrator 9 you just bought. Adobe tries to corner the market again.

chaosphaere posted Fri, 22 December 2000 at 12:05 AM

Legalities aside, I just want to know if the upgrade will work. I can't be the only person here who's using a burned copy. It's hella expensive.

STORM3 posted Fri, 22 December 2000 at 2:50 AM

From your posts It seems to me that your copy of Photoshop is a pirated or illegal copy. In my experience Renderosity has never been a site for advice and help with pirated software. If the Admin here were in any way to condone, or appear to condone, such actions they would put into jeprody their relationship with poser product makers (in the online store), their advertisers and with Curious Labs and Zygote, many of whom have had their products pirated. They could also seriously damage their reputation in other areas of their business if they allow such requests here. STORM

emkaydist posted Fri, 05 January 2001 at 2:48 PM

Storm knows how to keep it on the level. No offense, but there are plenty of other places to conduct that type of business.

Dr Zik posted Fri, 19 January 2001 at 9:04 AM

Hi Folks! Thanx for holding the line, Storm. Peter (Dr Zik)

nitreug posted Tue, 13 February 2001 at 8:11 PM

When I install photoshop 6 over 5.5, i needed to call adobe to get a number that it is use to install the application. There was no other way to install it without this key.