Forum: Carrara

Subject: captain on bridge, WIP

graylensman opened this issue on Dec 20, 2000 ยท 7 posts

graylensman posted Wed, 20 December 2000 at 2:26 PM

Just a quick look at a frame composition. Lighting needs work. I want the details to be minimal; instead of "realistic" details, I want just enough to say"bridge" without overpowering figures. All suggestions welcome.

hoborg posted Wed, 20 December 2000 at 6:00 PM

Hey, I like the style. But I would change whatever material is on the cuffs of the uniform. It's very distractin; esp where the lights are reflected. Just my $0.02. Nice composition. When are you going to leak out what the project is? Hoborg

ClintH posted Wed, 20 December 2000 at 7:35 PM

graylensman, I love the characters! They are awesome. Sweet image as well! Regards, Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

graylensman posted Thu, 21 December 2000 at 8:35 AM

HOborg thanksforthe input. I wanted some sort of material that looked otherworldly, but I agree the chrome cuffs are distracting. As for leaking the project, I'm still smashing together starship designs and not happy with anything. Also, once I actually write the story (it's in my noodle right now) that will tell me that I might finish the damn thing, rather than consign it to the landfill of cool ideas I'll never finish ;)

AzChip posted Thu, 21 December 2000 at 9:16 AM

I'd agree about the aluminum foil cuffs (and pant-legs, as I recall....). Also looks like the image could be anti-aliased. In RDS it's called Adaptive Oversampling (for whatever unfathomable reason). That said, I can't wait to see what you're going to do with this. The characters do have personality and I bet you're going to have a whole lot of fun working with them. Keep us posted! Far too many of my projects wind up in that never-never land you call a landfill. Don't let this one go there. - Chip - Chip

Grimpup posted Thu, 21 December 2000 at 2:29 PM

I like the look of your characters. Whats the story line if its ok to ask? -Grimpup

graylensman posted Tue, 02 January 2001 at 1:16 PM

Welllllll.... The setting is in the 300th Year of the Ninth Federation. the mission of our gallant crew: to expand the frontiers of the Federation by visiting worlds long ago abandoned in the rise and fall of the previous Federations; to engage in archealogical research, especially for relics of the fabled Third Federation, whose technology, according to legend, approached the magical. I have an outline for the first story; when I find time I'll be scripting it out. With the ship design I'm doing exactly what I vowed not to do with this project: make things make "sense" and "believable". Ugh. What happens is I get bogged down in minutae. I'm looking toward a comic book-type thing, rather than a movie. Can't yet decide wether to make it a web-based thing, or a more traditional "book" in pdf format, to be downloaded. Chip, thanks for the vote of confidence. It's kind of neat, having a sort anticipation, and getting positive feedback. Sometimes I get dissatisfied with results before I'm ever finished with a project. tim