Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The Sketch Boys in "El Spam Bandito"

ajvelez opened this issue on Dec 21, 2004 ยท 8 posts

ajvelez posted Tue, 21 December 2004 at 12:24 AM

Attached Link: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?videos=321632&T=9007

Hello, how are you?

I just posted this weeks episode: The Sketch Boys in "El Spam Bandito".

Windows Media

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?videos=321632&T=9007

Quicktime (24 megs)

http://www.foreordained.org/mov/elspambandito.mov

How I Did It.
First I came up with a funny script based on one of my own experiences. Then I recorded all the voices into Sony Acid Pro 5.
The I exported each characters line as an individual .WAV file and I wrote a corresponding .TXT file to go with it.
I imported those files one by one into DAZ3d Mimic Pro 3 and created the files for Curious Labs' Poser 4 Pro Pack. I posed
my characters and exported .AVI files and imported them into Adobe Premiere Pro. I assembled all the .AVI files and added
some sound, I'd like to thank The Robert Spriggs Group for letting me use the song "Ejector Seat". I exported from Adobe
Premiere Pro in various file formats. I also use Adobe After Effects for the beginning and ending screens and I used
Adobe Photoshop to adjust some of the layers.

jaybutton posted Tue, 21 December 2004 at 8:07 AM

Wow! This is so much better than your first short! Great camera angles, better interludes (though I thought the download interlude was a little long), better backgrounds, great overall. The mom character seemed a little incongruous with the three young men. (She was cartoony. They were not.) I also liked your use of music (better than the canned laughter.) Keep up the good work, Adam! Jay

ajvelez posted Tue, 21 December 2004 at 1:37 PM

Thanks Jay! Honestly I was a bit disappointed however I tried some new techniques that made up for it. Also, I pulled this one off in about 24 hours for a 3 minute cartoon. I can't tell you what's more fun, making it or watching it! I didn't do a very good job animating Carlos, you can see he is standing in the same pose for a long time. A closer camera angle would have solved this. Also, Jim's hair is blonde in some scenes and black in others! As for the Mom character, I don't have the skills yet to transform Vickie into a believable old hag fast enough, so I just used another default character from the Pro Pack. I just look at each episode as a weekly learning experience. I have some plans for this weeks episode, "Alpha Romeo" and I don't want to give it away but I want to use more movement. It's going to be a space adventure. AJ

mateo_sancarlos posted Tue, 21 December 2004 at 5:50 PM

Not bad, homes. Nobody can stop el spam bandito!

ajvelez posted Tue, 21 December 2004 at 6:47 PM

Hey bro, this one's for you! Remember last week? One of my co-workers suggested a woman so BAM, two new characters! Honestly, I am thinking about looking for some animation or comedy short film festivals. Until then, I'm already working on this weeks episode. I am planning on using the animation movement to make some funny scenes like hyper drive, etc. I really don't know what's going to happen until I get into it, but I got these cool spacegraft models and I was thinking about making a flyover scene in Bryce and importing into Poser. AJ

jaybutton posted Tue, 21 December 2004 at 7:13 PM

I don't own Bryce, but I don't think that you can import from Bryce into Poser, though you can import from Poser into Bryce. Not sure on that. Maybe a Bryce guru will chime in and let you know. Looking forward to your next short! Jay

xantor posted Tue, 21 December 2004 at 8:18 PM

This one is better, but the characters eyes need to move more, in some scenes there eyes don`t move at all. I thought that the dance sequence was slightly too long but maybe that was just me.

ajvelez posted Wed, 22 December 2004 at 9:55 AM

First I want to graciously thank all of you for your input. It really is helping me to get better. Y'all know that in Poser I can select the eyes and have them point at the camera, or whatever else. I tried that in a few scenes and it does make it more realistic. In other shots I just centered the camera on the characters face and that did the trick, but you can really tell when the eyes aren't moving. The dance sequence was a bit too long. I admit, I was trying to show off a bit. I used the sketch designer setting "colored" and I imported a .BVH motion file. Also, I was granted the use of the music by The Robert Spriggs Group. They read one of my other posts and I thought collaborating was a good idea so with all that new stuff going on I got a little carried away. As for Bryce, I have imported .AVI files into poser and used as a background to some of my previous animations, and I know Bryce can export an .AVI so... we'll see. AJ ps if anyone else has a collaboration idea or you know someone that does, let me know.