Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I am looking for a great program for creating tree to be used in poser.

isacatcar1 opened this issue on Dec 27, 2004 · 22 posts

isacatcar1 posted Mon, 27 December 2004 at 12:04 PM

I am looking for a great program for creating tree to be used in poser. Not Xfrog because it is to expensive.

DivineRAiN posted Mon, 27 December 2004 at 12:17 PM

could make yer own in Wings3d-- it is free.

divinerain

Kenmac posted Mon, 27 December 2004 at 12:28 PM

Attached Link: http://membres.lycos.fr/treegenerator/

I was originally going to recommend a program called Treemaker but it looks like the website no longer exists so try this one at the URL above.

wheatpenny posted Mon, 27 December 2004 at 12:32 PM Site Admin

Making a tree in Wings (or any other "regular" modeler is not a task for beginners, it's kind of complicated. You can get a free 30-day demo of XFrog (be sure to d/l the tutorial too) and for the next month you casn make a few trees for free.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

dlk30341 posted Mon, 27 December 2004 at 12:55 PM

Attached Link: http://www.gardenhose.com

You could always try Jungle3d..they are tubes or .psds for PSP or Photoshop...create the tree & then use as alpha planes...I've seen alot of great pics around postworked with these...they are around 60.00

ynsaen posted Mon, 27 December 2004 at 1:08 PM

The best trees and bushes available on the market today use a combination of xfrog and wings for creation.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Singular3D posted Mon, 27 December 2004 at 2:13 PM

I got XFrog Lite (no animation capabilities) in spring for only about $100 and it is really great. You also get a large bundle of trees with it. If you are ot in a hurry, wait till they make a sale again. I don't know of any other program with that quality at that price. Sorry

DivineRAiN posted Mon, 27 December 2004 at 3:08 PM

martian.. ok, but I think I must've misunderstood you. Who doesn't start out as a newbie when they begin their first modeling project? When isn't it difficult in the first few projects when trying to learn?

divinerain

wheatpenny posted Mon, 27 December 2004 at 3:36 PM Site Admin

What I'm saying is that a tree is one of the more difficvult things to make, and that's why I suggest using special tree-making software like xfrog.

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

mateo_sancarlos posted Mon, 27 December 2004 at 3:39 PM

Or TreePro, if you have a few fistfulls of dollars. The downside is the better the tree, the more unwieldy it becomes re: too many polygons.

wheatpenny posted Mon, 27 December 2004 at 3:53 PM Site Admin

If you mean Onyx TreePro, that has a clause in its EULA that you are fforbidden to distribute or sell anything you make with it. IMO it would be a rip-off to pay $500 for something with a restriction like that.

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Aureeanna posted Mon, 27 December 2004 at 3:54 PM

why not spend a very small amount of money and go over to RDNA and buy one of their fabulous tree prop packages and use it in Poser.

Phantast posted Mon, 27 December 2004 at 4:17 PM

I second that.

wheatpenny posted Mon, 27 December 2004 at 5:31 PM Site Admin

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=19599

Yeah, that's the other alternative, there's a lot of ready-made trees out there. The-Slinger has a set of alpha-map based trees for Poser called Treez which is easy on the resources and looks good.

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

pakled posted Mon, 27 December 2004 at 7:15 PM

just to be Contrary, you could go to Daz and get Bryce 5..under a hundred, and create all the trees you like..you create backgrounds and import them into Poser, or create people in Poser and export them to Bryce..tried both, and it works..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

dlk30341 posted Mon, 27 December 2004 at 7:50 PM

Vue does the same thing :)........only the trees aren't droopy looking......;P to Pakled......HEHEHEHE....all in good fun by the way...no need for anyone to get in a snit :)

Message edited on: 12/27/2004 19:52

melanie posted Mon, 27 December 2004 at 8:11 PM

Vue also imports .pz3 files effortlessly. No tweaking necessary and textures fall right into place, including transparency. DAZ is revamping Bryce to do that, from what I understand, but it's not out yet. Melanie

igohigh posted Mon, 27 December 2004 at 11:17 PM

I don't think Traveler uses any off those and his trees are AWSOME! Not sure really what he uses but you might try and ask him.

rowan_crisp posted Tue, 28 December 2004 at 12:31 AM

Traveler's stuff is incredible.

Kolschey posted Tue, 28 December 2004 at 6:35 AM

Carrara 3 and 4 also have a Tree Generator, so if you import your figures, then you will also have an excellent rendering environment to work with.

Aureeanna posted Tue, 28 December 2004 at 11:39 AM

Attached Link: http://www.runtimedna.com/news.ez?viewStory=711

Those free Winter Pines from RDNA's 13 days of Christmas are still available for download....I believe those are the ones in igohigh's render above..

Message edited on: 12/28/2004 11:41

sinclaira posted Wed, 29 December 2004 at 6:55 PM

Attached Link: http://arbaro.sourceforge.net/

I haven't used it with Poser, only with Vue 4, but have a look at Arbaro over at Sourceforge. It's open source, under active development (last version December 17), is written in Java with XML input (so is platform independent and OS X friendly), exports .obj and .dxf as well as POV-ray, and does richly detailed models. There are about a dozen default files included with the download, so you can make your first model in minutes. The models can be very large, but you can adjust the various parameters (number of leaves, number of branches and splits) to decrease the complexity and the file size.