Forum: Photography

Subject: need help with layering and your thoughts on this idea

tvernuccio opened this issue on Dec 29, 2004 ยท 12 posts

tvernuccio posted Wed, 29 December 2004 at 9:37 PM

hi guys. i'm having some high creativity going on, many ideas for projects...just flying with ideas!!! I am working on two series right now. one on friendship. one on photography. here is my first idea. i wanted an image to go with these words: A man should keep his friendships in constant repair. ~Samuel Johnson here's what i have so far. Tell me HONESTLY what you think. PLEASE don't hold back. I'm not used to working with layers. This is just my first draft...just exploring this theme. So many of you in here make such incredible pieces of art with your layering. i want to do the same. i want to produce something exciting! This image should say to you that friendships are important. Let's do what we can to make them work. The truck symbolizes the friendship that needs some fine tuning so to speak. friendships are like that. the power screw driver...obvious...a tool to symbolize our commitment to repair and fine-tune friendship...keep it going. The level represents an abstract idea about how stability is important in a friendship. give and take until you find that balance. once you find that balance, there is stability. Get friendship level. I had a candle in the image to represent inner light of each person. but i felt like candle took away from it. maybe not. if you want to see original with candle let me know. ok, you know where i wanna go with this. tell me what you think so far. here are my steps. this is nowhere final...just a beginning. thanks SO much for your feedback. ya'all know how much i value you telling me honestly what you think!!!!!!!