Forum: Photography

Subject: Give me your Choice, please

fblnet opened this issue on Dec 30, 2004 ยท 12 posts

fblnet posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 4:51 PM

Photo number One or Number two?

cynlee posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 5:10 PM

i do prefer the sharpness of 2 :]

Michelle A. posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 5:42 PM

Both are wonderful, love the color of the sky in #2..... But #2 appears to be over-sharpened. I can see haloing around the edges of the barbed wire and other objects in the image. Unsharp mask will do that if you use a heavy hand with it.......

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Sylvaine posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 5:44 PM

One soft the other metallic...I need a scissor....and had sharpen if necessary -only the barbed wire...

LostPatrol posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 5:45 PM

On screen it is hard to tell, but No 2 looks a little over sharpened, this may be more apparent in print. Or viewed full size

I prefer the colours of No 1, to me they seem more realistic. Having said that we seldom get very red skys here.

Just my opinion

Simon
3 Posts in 5 seconds! Is that a record? He he

Message edited on: 12/30/2004 17:50

The Truth is Out There

fblnet posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 5:52 PM

Thanks for your opinion. Photo N1 : no retouch. real sky for LostPatrol. Ok the N2. exact, i can I can see various brilliant points. Perhaps, the clearness of the 2 with the colors of the 1 is the best solution.

LostPatrol posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 5:58 PM

fblnet Yes the clearness of 2 with the colours of 1 would work for me, just be careful with the sharpening. But that is my prefference, and not to say I am right.

The Truth is Out There

tvernuccio posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 6:53 PM

hard to decide. i like the colors in both. both look realistic to me. the second is sharper. both are awesome!

cynlee posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 9:13 PM

a suggestion... just tried this... layer 1 over 2 at 75% opacity, merge... the best of both... or use 1 & try "selective sharpening" (sharpen tool at a low opacity) for most control on the barbed wire & foreground

deemarie posted Fri, 31 December 2004 at 10:09 AM

I like number one - the soft sky is very peaceful :)

Tedz posted Fri, 31 December 2004 at 10:55 PM

I like the Origional Concept....but....am happy with the Red Sky in No# 2 :]

fblnet posted Sat, 01 January 2005 at 6:11 PM

Thank you for all your choices and advice. Kind regards! Franis...