Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Please Read!!

Jack D. Kammerer opened this issue on Dec 25, 2000 ยท 4 posts

Jack D. Kammerer posted Mon, 25 December 2000 at 11:43 AM

Hello everyone... I need to ask all of you to go into you Profiles and change your passwords here and over at the 3D Commune and at Renderotica. It would seem that some individuals have found that some of us use the same passwords for all three sites and have now been sending offensive e-mail and posts under certain member names... Although we do not know who these people are that are sending e-mail out to other members, we do know that it has to be someone that has the ability to see what everyone's Passwords are, which means they must be Admin's or Moderators. As soon as the person or persons are found, they will be dealt with. Also we've discovered this problem exists not only Renderotica and at the Commune, but also here at Renderosity. So PLEASE change your Password at ALL 3 Places, just to be sure you are safe!!! We have let Tim from Edgenet know about the Security leaks and he is working on protecting those of you who are members here as well. Thank you... and merry christmas. Jack

JeffH posted Mon, 25 December 2000 at 8:35 PM

It's someone with Admin status at Renderotica for sure. Don't ask me how I know, that would be giving too much away. -JH.

Darth_Logice posted Mon, 25 December 2000 at 9:52 PM

Thanks for the heads-up Jack, it's a wonderful gesture in the spirit of co-operation of all the sites. Peace!

rcook posted Mon, 25 December 2000 at 11:03 PM

The only people here that have database access are Tim and I. That's what it takes to even begin to have access to passwords on a Bondware based system. They are impossible to see through the web software. So the "leak" is definately not on this end. Using unique passwords on every site is the best security. You better believe I do! :)