Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Problems importing OBJ files into POSER

fgallindo opened this issue on Dec 25, 2000 ยท 5 posts

fgallindo posted Mon, 25 December 2000 at 5:14 PM

I am trying to import some OBJ files into Poser but unfortunately they seem very diferent form the original. Some vertices even disapear when inside Poser or get mismatched forming a "very-optimized" model.

headhunter posted Mon, 25 December 2000 at 8:24 PM

I gather by the pix that your original mesh is in 3ds format & converted to obj. It's possible that some things have gotten "lost in the translation". I've had this happen before in importing meshes. Is there any reason you can't import the original 3ds into Poser? It may handle the 3ds version better.

PhilC posted Mon, 25 December 2000 at 9:19 PM

Poser will round the edges unless there is a second vertex close and parallel to it. Also try importing in DXF format and see the difference. philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

davo posted Tue, 26 December 2000 at 2:06 PM

Turn off the "weld identical vertices" button when you import an obj file. (if you don't have it turned off already) Davo

Mason posted Tue, 26 December 2000 at 5:12 PM

Also, if you can convert to obj, UVMapper can split the vertices to give a flat appearance. This means more vertices but it stops Poser from goroud (sp?) shading the polygons. I wish poser had a shading choice in the materials dialog along with the materials. I'm still wondering if there's a flat shade material flag somewhere that's hardwired but could be changed in a script.